Crocheted in Purple

mimicat

The other day I saw Kathy's doily done in purple for A.A. shown in this post and I liked the color so much! And I also liked Mary's purple pincushion.

So I picked my colors and I made another bullion stitch pincushion, since I needed to practice more on the edging, which was the hardest part.

164086223_7a8d77b437_m.jpg

Another item in purple is this shawl I made several months ago. I had not posted about this, I modeled it before I sent it to my Autumn Secret Pal. She disappeared halfway through the swap, but I sent it anyway, since I didnt know if she just had a temporary problem. Unfortunately, she did vanish and of course, I wish I had not sent this purple shawl. Even if it was just a simple shawl, I liked it so much in pretty variegated purple. I've been crocheting another one, but it has remained in my WIP stash, and I'll get back to it when the weather starts to get cold...

164086224_037eeff41c_m.jpg

More photos in my blogpost. Thanks for looking!:hook

They are both beautiful! The shading on the shawl gives it a silky look. I don't know if that makes sense. Is the new one you're making the same color?

Thank you!:) The thread just seems to look silky in the photo. Yes, I'm making another one in the same color, since I really like it! :hook

Thanks so much for the compliments!! :manyheart

I just winged the shawl. I started with a long chain the length of my shoulders and arms. The mesh stitch is done in ch 5 loops, forming a triangle. The edging is simply 3 hdc's in each space, and ch 1 in between.:hook The thread I used is our local size 8 cotton thread.

Mimi- I love them both! I saw your other pincushion, but I've never seen your shawl! :eek I love it, it's gorgeous!! (I would be upset about having sent it to someone like that, too.) It's beautiful! :manyheart

Tina

Oh Mimi, I'm sorry about your swap partner! You made her such a lovely shawl. The shade of purple you used is so flattering. The pincushion is also pretty. I've never been too good at bullion stitches :blush although I know it's just a matter of practice.

They are both lovely. I am sorry about your secret pal..now it is sort of a RAOK because you sent it not knowing if your kindness would be returned..in a sense. The pincushion is quite nice. I used to love purple, still like it but my favorite color is royal blue since I was remarried and that was one of the clors that stuck my eye along with silver. But All of the females in my family adore purple with a passion. I make everything for my mom in purple. I even made her a purple quilted handbag for her birthday last year.

Archived