Fingering Yarn Shawl-Update on Border 6/8/06

TX CrochetLover

This is a WIP I am making using Tamm Diamante Fingering yarn. The yarn is sparkly and it will look good once I get it finished (I hope!) It is a bright pink and I am using an 00 size steel hook. I decided to make a rectangle as opposed to triangle that the pattern called for, so it can be used as a lightweight summer shawl. I can't decide how to finish it out- tassles or a heart border? Suggestions please! Pic is clickable.

th_Mvc-S018f.jpg th_Mvc-S019f.jpg

My last post earlier today stated I would do an updated pic of the shawl with the border. What ya think? Will this work?

Heart border would be perfect!! (Ok, ok--maybe I said that just because I really don't care for tassels on much of anything, but I do think the heart border would be better!)

It's lookin' good!

I love your heart shawl and the color is so pretty. I vote heart boarder,also. I think the heart boarder would be perfect. Can't wait to see your finished shawl. :heart

My vote is for the heart border. It just goes better with that beautiful feminine shawl than tassels.

OK, well, progress, kinda! I finished the shawl, tried a few different ideas for tiny hearts for the border. Didn't like it. Then a put on a tassel to see what that looked like. Softened it up, but still not right. So, now I am doing a 5dc shell that is looking pretty good. It is making the edges a little more frilly, so we'll see. When I get it done and like what I see, I'll post a pic to see what ya'll think. Thanks for the encouragement and compliments!

Archived