Scarf

crochet mama

About a month or so ago, I made a table runner for a friend. Her mom saw me making it, when I was about 1/2 through and asked if, when I was done, I could make her a scarf exactly to the point where I was.

I used size 10 thread and a 7 hook. I used a pattern from Magic Crochet, December 1988, Number 57. It is #19 in the book, Oval Runner by Elisabeth Hiddleson. It measures approx. 32 x 5.

I forgot to resize the photos for C'Ville, so I'm sending you to my blog to view. :blush

My blog on the tablerunner is found here.

And my blog on the scarf is found here.

So pretty and lady-like! Some of my favorite projects started out with other lives as well! There's just something about a familiar stitch pattern that I know works well!

I love that spider stitch! The scarf is very feminine and dainty.:) And I can't believe you finished that gorgeous table runner in a week!

LOL My fingers sure were sore after that!

I was intimidated by the spider stitch at first. I had tried it once before and it didn't work out (user error, I'm sure). But this time around, it worked up just fine. :)

WOW! That is incredibly beautiful!!!! You really need to change your heading. Scarf isn't good enough. I was expecting something long and fluffy, you need something more elaborate and exquisite...like your scarf. How about My Elaborate and Exquisite scarf?? LOL

It is one of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen!! Oh, and that goes for the runner too. Wonderful job!!

:clap those are sooo pretty!!! I havent done much with thread myself... but i love the way it looks! what a great idea for modifying a pattern to make something else! your work is very pretty!

Archived