Help me find these things PLEASE!

donnalynn2

I am planning on making this crocheted belt as a gift but have been unable to find the wooden rings anywhere. Considering this is a Hobby Lobby project I went there first. Nope, they don't carry it or anything even close. I have since tried Wal-Mart, Rag Shop and Michaels. Nobody has seen them or anything like them. If I need to order them on line I will do so but I need to find them. If you have some you're willing to part with I will gladly pay or trade for them. If not but you've seen them around, maybe you could help me to find them! THANKS!

P.S. I'm making this belt with a nice dark brown color of the senso thread so I am thinking a little darker color of rings than pictured.

I just had a thought.

Why not try wooden CURTAIN rings? I've got a couple of packages of those in my bedroom right now (bought the curtain rod to use as a clothes hanging rod, hubby built it up himself... the rings came with the rod and we didn't need them, but they were also sold separately).

They come in a couple of different sizes, to complement the size of the rod, and they look exactly like what's in the picture in the link you posted.

Just a thought.:)

You'd think those simple rings wouldn't be hard to find! But isn't that always the way it goes. I think I'd look somewhere other than the craft departments just like Nucki said. Besides they'd probably be cheaper that way. Crafting is becoming so popular as the "in" thing to do, anything in that "department" in a store is outrageous these days!

I went to Michael's and Walmart, trying to find those rings for you.....and I even asked the salespeople to help me, but I'm sorry, I came up empty handed.:no:ohdear:thair I really wanted to help you....cause I know what it's like to need something and can't find it anywhere!

You might ask Jackie (jaclim) if she might have some ideas too. She is pretty resourceful and I know she sells wooden and bamboo purse handles. Maybe she knows of a place that sells the smaller wooden rings. Good luck, Donna! Let us see the finished project!! :hook

Thanks for all your suggestions! Well, I don't want to use metal. I really think it wouldn't look good. It needs the wood look I think. I don't think bracelets would work as they are too big. Although curtain rods might work. However, don't curtain rods have a split in them so you can attach to the rod? I'd have to glue them together or something.

I think I'll take a look at that one link that was suggested. It's just crazy that this is a Hobby Lobby project idea but you can't get all the materials there. Just insanity!!!

Depends on the curtain ring. Some are made to slip over the rod, not clip/hook on.

I know I just saw some of those somewhere but I've been to all my stores recently and can't even begin to remember if it was Wal-Mart or JoAnn's or somewhere else.

If all else fails, try a thrift shop for old belts that might have them and then you can cut them off.

• 1 month later...
I am planning on making this crocheted belt as a gift but have been unable to find the wooden rings anywhere. Considering this is a Hobby Lobby project I went there first. Nope, they don't carry it or anything even close. I have since tried Wal-Mart, Rag Shop and Michaels. Nobody has seen them or anything like them. If I need to order them on line I will do so but I need to find them. If you have some you're willing to part with I will gladly pay or trade for them. If not but you've seen them around, maybe you could help me to find them! THANKS!

P.S. I'm making this belt with a nice dark brown color of the senso thread so I am thinking a little darker color of rings than pictured.

Dear Donna,

I found these bracelets at Dollar General. They were only $1.50 for two.

They are 3" in diameter, and about 9 1/2" to 10" around. I was just browsing around when these caught my eye and I thought about you. Is there a Dollar General near you? They fit nicely on my wrist, but because of the texture that they have I think they would make a nice belt like the one you showed. Please let me know what you think.

Desireé:)

WoodenBraceletsII.jpg

Last time i bought curtain rings they were solid but had a little metal hook screwed into them. That can easily be taken out.

As with most craft projects, the local DIY store is just as useful as the local craft store

Did you check Hobby Lobby's website? They might have the rings on the site but not the store. Also, check out the JoAnn's site. They have many things that are not in the stores also. Good luck.:manyheart

Linda:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you're still looking for these, but I found some rings called Deco Discs made by Wrights. They come in different colors and are sold in packs of 10. They're about 2 1/2 or 3" diameter. I found them at WalMart between the yarn and the sewing patterns and fabric. They were on a shelf with the expensive fancy sold-by-the-yard ribbon. There are also Boye rings, but they only go up to 2"

I was in WalMart in the curtain section on Wed and found some rings that I think would work for you. They look just like the picture that you posted but are a darker finish. They have a small metal ring screwed in on top but that could easily be removed without affecting the ring. They were by the curtain rods, etc. Would have picked them up for you but didnt know if you had found something else to use.

Doreen

Archived