Tablecloth-A-Long??

Lavelle26

I've been lurking in theis CAL, getting ideas for the future (I'm just way too swamped right now to take anything else on), but Shalyen and Anna, I love your tablecloths! They came out great! Anna, your's is so funky and cool, but perfect for summer and would brighten up a winter table. Great job!! Patty

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

evening everyone. I finally recieved my thread and am now ready to join in on this CAL. This is the pattern I am using.

table3.jpg

I am using # 3 white thread and have gotten 11 rows done today.

Ladies, I see you made a lot of progress there! Good job! Way to go!:cheer

I am done with mine! :yay You can see it here: http://gannka.blogspot.com/2006/06/crazy-tablecloth-is-finished.html

I am so glad it is finished! Hope yours will be ready soon, too! :yes

Wow, Anna- your tablecloth is awesome! I love the different colors.

While at your blog- I visited a couple of your other projects- hope you don't mind. I love the Celia top...I have it on my WIM list but I haven't gotten the nerve to try it yet. Was it very difficult?

Sissie, that will be gorgeous when you are done. Such a beautiful pattern. :D

Boy everybodys tablecloths are beautiful:clap I haven't started yet because i can't find one to do. I like to do one that is one piece and i have an oval table.We are going to drive to neb. and col. so i could do it on the way there and back,just have to find one LOL.

I haven't touched mine in about a week and a half...I have several other projects that must get done soon, so I put the tablecloth on the back burner...but I should have some time this weekend to work on it.

My tablecloth is finished! It's been a long time since I actually completed a project. Now I've got to find time to get to my mom's to give it to her.

Full tablecloth

th_100_1020.jpg

Up-close of motif

th_100_1021.jpg

That is gorgeous. You did a beautiful job. I love that design. I need to get cracking on mine or it will never get done. I have worked on it more this past month than I have in years though.

How's everyone doing? I'm ashamed to say I haven't touched mine in well over a month. :blush I've been trying to finish up my package for the accessories swap and the charity blitz, hopefully I can work on it some after they're both sent out.

WELLLLL...i guess i need this smiley to :blush..i havent done eny either in the last 2 weeks.I been tring to get baby blankets done..i have three that are due in about 2 weeks and i have put it off till the end as usual..dont know why i do that :think.

Will try to get a few done this week..i hope.

Okay, since there are two of you saying the same thing, I thought I would pipe up and say something. :blush I too have been neglectful of my tablecloth the past two weeks. I haven't touched it. :no I will try try try to work on it this week. :yes

Thank you for helping me to not feel alone in my embrassment. :lol

Anna I have been very bussy also with testing your patterns so I have not touched my table cloth in over a week and a half I wanted to get my commitment to you done first which is what I love doing the most so I can start my new project for you I love your patterns so I don't mind putting the cloth aside so I to am joining the neglect club

Hey everyone!!! I THOUGHT of my table cloth today. And I even took it with me to work on...does that count??? I ended up knitting...:eek what???:eek Yes...Knitting. I found some clover bamboo knitting needles that I just HAD to buy and try out. (I was actually looking for some clover soft touch crochet hooks but they didn't have any)

So, I am wondering if THINKING about the tablecloth counts?

Hey everyone!!! I THOUGHT of my table cloth today. And I even took it with me to work on...does that count??? I ended up knitting...:eek what???:eek Yes...Knitting. I found some clover bamboo knitting needles that I just HAD to buy and try out. (I was actually looking for some clover soft touch crochet hooks but they didn't have any)

So, I am wondering if THINKING about the tablecloth counts?

LOL....Works for me!

:whew Glad I am not the only one with this predicament. I will try to do more than think about it this weekend though...cause I am afraid that thinking about it will not get it crocheted. :think Wish it would...

wow Blondiee your table cloth is very pretty:cheer:cheer:cheer you did and awsome job:clap:clap

Ok so I am not doing my table cloth like the pattern is showing:blush and this will be the first time ever that I am going with my own Idea!! I didn't like the way the loops were being done and it was to open so I am doing my own thing:hook hope it works!! I finished the two comfortghan's that I was making and delivered them today so now I can work a little more on this. and I did do 5 rows today. I know that sounds like a lot but it isn't yet! cause I am still in the center:lol Once shaylen ever finds her camera that she said I can borrow (hint,hint;)) i will post an updated pic.

so sister get up and FIND IT NOW:nahnah

• 2 weeks later...

WoooHooo!!! :woo:jumpyay:woo I DID IT!!!! I really did it!!! I got out my tablecloth today and I worked on it. Not only did I catch up (one motif a week) but I think I am way ahead of my goal. I did 23 fill-in motifs today. I am now officially 32% done with this tablecloth. Yay!!!!

I have been thinking about it (lots of time to think with these mindless fill-in motifs) and I don't think that I can do only 1 motif a week...the motifs I have done today, if I had done one a week would have taken me 23 weeks!!!! :eek That would mean this tablecloth would take me about 4 1/2 years to complete. :no No way!!! So, I have come up with a better plan. I will use WIP Wednesday as my tablecloth day and work as hard as I can to get as much done as possible on that day.

So, here is what my tablecloth looks like so far.

2904resized.jpg

And here is a picture to show you how far it comes on the table and how much left I have to do.

2905resized.jpg

I am so excited about having worked on this thing. That musty smell is starting to leave since I have been pulling it out and working on it. ;) I am getting the motivation to finish this thing now. Thank you all for working alongside with me to get this complete.

Archived