Tablecloth-A-Long??

Lavelle26

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm STILL waiting for my library books to come in. UGH!!! How many rotten looking smiley faces can I find? :(:angry:no:ohdear:yuck:blink:rolleyes:yell:grumpy:irk

Does that convey my mood well enough?? Sorry for being so grump this morning.

I think you found plenty there!!! I hope after this long wait that they have something you like and want to make in them.

Anna

I am game for this one I would like to try my hand at this

Jump right in Deborah!!! Should be fun...nice to have you along!:D

Oh my with 2 Anna's here we are going to have to distinguish one from the other. I am going to make this filet pattern one that I have been eyeing for awhile. My table is rectangle so it will work out good.

I am trying to finish up the tablecloth that I'm making for my son and daughter in law I have 75 more motifs to do then the border ..... they decided to buy a new table and sent me the new measurments last month

Here's what it looks like so far

thc-y-tablecloth1.jpg

When this one is finished I'll be starting on another one for my next son in line whose getting married next year ........ It looks like I'll be in this CAL for a while :D

I am trying to finish up the tablecloth that I'm making for my son and daughter in law I have 75 more motifs to do then the border ..... they decided to buy a new table and sent me the new measurments last month

Here's what it looks like so far

It is so pretty! I am sure your son and daughter in law will love it! Are you joining motives as you go?

Very pretty!

I've decided on a motif and I'm going with Lustersheen in Mulberry, and a 3.75 hook. I've already made 4 motifs, so I'm set for the week. :hook I have so many WIP's (I'm sure you all can relate :yarn ) so I'm setting days to work on certain things and I think my tablecloth day will be Wednesday. I will make as many motifs as I can on that day- I'm hoping 6 or 7. :manyheart

Gannka, Yes, I am joining as I go. It is little star type shapes and the last two points I make, I crochet it to two points on the previous motif. Then, once these are done, I go back in and fill in the holes in the same manner. I will post a pic of my progress tonight.

I haven't done my motif this week yet. Too busy designing some baby boy overalls and working on some bookmarks for the bookmark swap. I will do it this week though. I WILL!!! I promise.:D (o my gosh:eek ...its already Thursday afternoon...I better get cracking so I can keep that promise!!)

Michele, I love your tablecloth. Its gorgeous. Can I see a picture of the stitches? Maybe up close a bit? I love it.

Stacy, that sounds gorgeous in Mulberry. I love lustersheen. I had never thought of doing a tablecloth in anything but thread until I started this CAL. Learn something new everyday, eh? I can't wait to see what it looks like. (and my next tablecloth might just be in lustersheen...:lol )

Michele, your tablecloth is just beautiful! Your family will really appreciate your hardwork. I went to the library today to pick up one of the books I had put a hold on. It only had one tablecloth in it. It was a round one and I'm looking for a square. I did find about six other projects that I liked in that book. So now my mental crochet to-do list has grown ever longer. I'm going to try to be patient and wait until the library books come in.

I went to the library today to pick up one of the books I had put a hold on. It only had one tablecloth in it. It was a round one and I'm looking for a square. I did find about six other projects that I liked in that book. So now my mental crochet to-do list has grown ever longer. I'm going to try to be patient and wait until the library books come in.

Karin, did you try to search for free patterns? Or for motifs which you could combine for tablecloth? I will go ahead and search for couple of links for you:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/tablecloths.php

http://www.craftown.com/crochet.htm

I am sure you could find more :)

Hey everyone, check out the very first post for a new button I made. Hope you enjoy. Thanks.

Well, I am very proud of myself. I got TWO motifs done last night.. They went up so quickly that I couldn't just stop at one...but now I have set it down again to work on other things that need doing.

How are you all doing? Have you found your patterns yet?

Good job, Anna! Wasn't it fun to work on your motifs? :)

I made two edging squares yesterday night, too, one of them was the turning square, wich makes total of three corners made! Now I need edging along the long side, and one more corner.

I couldn't wait any longer for the library books to come in. Over the last few days, I've been looking at the free tablecloth patterns on the internet. I had a few requirements, it had to be square, nothing too lacey, and it had to be for an advanced beginner in thread. Even though I've crocheted for over 25 years, I've only done two thread projects. I found the pattern I'm going to do over at crochet pattern central (got to love that website). Its called Sweet Clover. I went to Joann's this morning and bought two balls of thread. The pattern called for size 30 thread and I was going to buy that but when I looked and saw how thin the thread was I panicked. That just looked a little too scarey for me. So I chickened out and bought size 10 thread. The thread is a burgundy color because I'm making the tablecloth to cover our large square coffee table in the living room. My husband has the living room done in kind of a lodge look (burgundys, dark greens, navys). I'm hoping to start a motif today. Have to help out at the church tonight and I'm sure by the time I get home I'll just want to get my girls into bed and go to sleep myself. But boy am I excited to get started. Lets hope the excitement holds over the whole course of making this tablecloth.

This time the picture is clickable to see it bigger :clap

th_c-y-tablecloth1.jpg

One of the Nuns at work told me a really neat trick when your working with thread and making a lot of motifs ...... save your ribbon spools and wind your thread around them this way you can have a bunch of motifs made then have a joining day :yay:yay

Archived