Tablecloth-A-Long??

Lavelle26

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I have finally gotten around to posting a pic of my tablecloth. Please ignore the color changes and size changes. This was started as my second thread project ever. (years ago I might add) I had made a doily as my first project and thought it was so easy that I wanted todo something bigger and better. Well, I defintely got bigger. I got this pattern and then proceeded to buy a ball of thread. Well, I quickly ran out of that ball of thread so I bought an other one. Then, I moved and didn't touch the table cloth for a long time. Well, I picked it back up and had to buy more thread. I didn't know as much as I do now about types of thread and dye lots and all that jazz.

So, here is my work of love. It won't be the prettiest tablecloth you have ever seen but I will have it done and that is my goal. I will be proud of it nonetheless.

Tablecloth.jpg

Thanks guys. I can't wait til its done. My reason for starting this CAL so I can have the motivation to get it done.

Eveing ladies..

Wel i finelly picked out a pattern :woo after going through tons of them and trying out a few..i settled on one called Harvest swirles..it is really pretty and more full then most..i wanted one that wasnt to lacy allso and i wanted it to have more weight to it..my one other requirerment was how it went together and how the thread ends would be hidden(dont want dangling ends after a wash :no )..it called for size 20 thread but im using a size 3 and a 0(2.55mm)hook this will add even more weight.

Now to just make sure i do a few a week :lol.

Michele and Anna..they are stunning..i hope mine will look half as good.

Karin4..love the one you choose..cant wait to see it together.

Welcome to the new ladies :cheer

ewwww...just the name Harvest Swirls sounds gorgeous. I can't wait to see even just one motif from your tablecloth. Please do share once you get going!! PLEASE!! pretty please....

Anna

I will get the photo of it scanned and put up tonight along with the 4 i have made so that everyone can see it..i really like how its working up so far.I decided to use white so that if i had to i could bleach it to keep it clean looking.

I completed my second motif this morning. I can't believe how much better my second one looks as compared to my first one. The stitches are less loopy and closer together. I really should frog the first one but the motifs are joined as you go and so I would have to frog both of them. There is NO WAY I'm going to do that. I'll just learn to live with that first one. You know put a plant or something over top that one.:blush

I completed my second motif this morning. I can't believe how much better my second one looks as compared to my first one. The stitches are less loopy and closer together. I really should frog the first one but the motifs are joined as you go and so I would have to frog both of them. There is NO WAY I'm going to do that. I'll just learn to live with that first one. You know put a plant or something over top that one.:blush

A plant would work.:D I understand your not wanting to frog. My tablecloth is in so many different shades of "ecru" its not funny. I have learned so much from this, my first table cloth and it will be proudly shown on my table (if ever I get it done) even if my gauge is different for each motif. (some are done with a size 1 hook and some are done with an 8:blush ....don't ask...:think )

I actually did a motif today too...and I even did two fill-in motifs...I am on a roll!!!

Afternoon Ladies

How is everyone doing on there tablecloth??I have 9 done and starting on the next one.This pattern is really fun to do and its working up pretty fast.

Here is the photo of what it will look like:Hope this is not to big??

harvest2.jpg

So what do you think??

Oh my goodness...that is gorgeous. (for a minute there I though you had completed yours and I was about to die from shock) I can't wait to see it when you get done.Its gonna be gorgeous.

And this CAL will take as many years as we need to complete a tablecloth. I am hoping to have mine done by Christmas but then I have some place settings (doily like things) I need to work on and since they go on the table, I thought I might throw them in with this CAL.;)

Shaylen,

I love that tablecloth. Can you tell me what pattern that is? Thanks it will be beautiful!

Diane

This was a old pattern that ive had for years..its called harvest shirls..i cant remember where i got mine but you can get the same one out of crochet Fantasy number 15..here is a link to one on ebay..they are very hard to find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crochet-Fantasy-15-August-1984-25-projects_W0QQitemZ8289301343QQihZ020QQcategoryZ41233QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shaylen, :ty

Thanks so much for the link. I really love the tablecloth so I put a bid on the magazine. If I get it, maybe I will join you all in this CAL. (I hope you don't mind a copycat!)

I am getting ready to do at least one motif today. I may even break down and do a couple of fill-in motifs while I have the thing out...might as well. It is nice to have this CAL to motivate me to do at least one motif a week so this tablecloth is not just sitting in my closet getting musty.

Archived