Tablecloth-A-Long??

Lavelle26

Is anyone interested in joining me for a tablecloth along? I started a table cloth when I was first married 8 years ago and I am only about 1/4 the way done and I haven't touched it in years. I really need to get to working on it but I need some enthusiam and motivation.

I have made a button for this CAL. You are free to use it on your blog or website. Thanks.

TableclothCAL.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes!!! I am so in. Is there a limit to how many "alongs" we can participate in? LoL

Mine will be slow-going, also, but I told my hubby when I picked up my first crochet hook 2 years ago, that I would make a tablecloth. :blush

Ga Rebel~Mine is in thread....which is why its only 1/4 done. You think,"oh it should go fast...piece of cake...WRONG!!!

Stacy25~ummm...I sure hope there isn't a limit...have you seen my sig line lately???

As far as how long this takes, I am guessing for mine at least a year. I doubt it would get done sooner in fact it may take longer but I need some motivation to keep me going.

I was thinking of doing at least one motif a week. Making a goal of some sort of how much you want to get done each week, then we could encourage each other with our goals.

Ooh, this is tempting. I've been kicking around the idea of making a tablecloth for awhile.

I've got this picture of a filet crochet one in my head that says "How can you have pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

I have a few things I need to finish up before I can join in good conscience, but when I do... I'm in! :hook

Hi Leigh,

Take your time...being that mine is in thread...I don't think I am going anywhere for a while.:lol Will be glad to have you.

OOOhhh..i what in on this one..ive been wanting to do one for along time now..this should get me going..im going to do thread too.If i can do like you and atleast do 1 or 2 squares a week that would be great..still time for other stuff that way lol.

Okay, count me in. I'll do one in thread too. I haven't worked much in thread. I think I've only made two things with it before. We have a huge dining room table but I was thinking of doing a tablecloth for the coffee table in the living room. Its a big table too. But at least it wouldn't be so overwhelming. I'll have to start lookiing for a pattern.

Great guys. Glad to have you on board. I will make a button sometime today for us!!!!:)

O sure....jump right in...we aren't asking for much...just maybe a motif a week or a day or whenever..you can do it!!!:cheer

I looked through my crochet patterns last night and can't find one tablecloth pattern. I looked (briefly) on the internet for a free pattern but can't decide. Does anyone have a favorite free pattern they can recommend? Nothing too complicated please. Thanks everyone.

I am sorry but I haven't looked for tablecloth patterns. The one I am using was out of a book I checked out of the library 8 years ago...I wanted to make this tablecloth cause I was a newly wed...well, after my two weeks were up, I kind of realized that it wasn't going to get done anytime soon so I copied the page off and worked on it a bit off and on for a year...then haven't touched it.

Maybe you could check out your local library for a pattern?? Are you looking for something like a large doily, or filet or something with motifs?

I think I would prefer to do a table cloth in one piece so that I don't have to put all the squares together at the end. But I guess I am open to any suggestions. Good idea about the library. I think I'll surf my way over to their website now and see if I can find anything good. Unfortunately, one thing I've noticed about our library is that they have a pretty good selection of knitting books but very few crochet ones. Thats not fair!!:angry

Well, the one I found was a better homes and garden book...from a long time ago. My motifs are joined as you are crocheting them, so you don't have to wait til then end but it is a lot of end weaving.:eek I'll post a pic of it in a minute if you like.

I'm going to use Lustersheen, as I have a skein leftover from a summer scarf idea that I never used. I figure it's smaller than regular yarn, yet not so thin that it will drive me batty. :flying I haven't found any motifs that I like, though. So I'm wondering how a "sampler square" type thing would end up?

I am sitting here, extremely impatiently I might add, waiting for the books I reserved at the library to come in. They actually had two books that looked promising for a tablecloth pattern. But the wait is killing me. I just want to jump right in. Its not like I don't have any other crocheting to do (:blush ).

Well, I didn't do a motif for last week since we started in the middle of the week. So, now I just have to do mine for this week. I am working on some bookmarks right now for the bookmark swap so maybe tomorrow night I can get one motif done. I am really looking forward to getting this tablecloth done one motif at a time. Thank you all for joining me in this CAL as I really need the motivation to complete this project. Hubby will be so proud of me when I finish.

I'd like to do one to if i could find one done all in one piece also! The luster sheen is also another good idea.I'm not real great with thread.I've been looking but haven't found any yet.Linda C

I wonder if you could just take a pattern that calls for thread and do it up with a bigger hook in the lustersheen.

Hi!

I am making a tablecloth now, and I need encouragement to finish it. I use Peaches and cream yarn in all those new bright colors. I do not have a pattern for it. I call the tablecloth "crazy" because it is made of all different color granny squares, and they are different sizes, too. The inspiration for the tablecloth was a blanket from a knitting magazine, they had differnt sized and colored squares, too. I made the main part of the tablecloth, and now I am making the border. The main part is all squares, and the border is simple lace ( 5 chains, stitch in the next 5-ch space), and it is also in different colors. You could see it on my blog http://gannka.blogspot.com/. I am about half-done with the border.

I am looking forward to finishing the tablecloth, and to hearing about how you are working on yours.

Anna

Hi Anna!! Its nice to meet another Anna. Sure you can join us. I love your tablecloth. It is very colorful. And the good thing for you is that you are almost done with it so you will most likely beat all of us. Some of us haven't started yet. I am aboud 1/4 done with mine. Started 8 years ago when I was first married and haven't touched it in years. I am planning on doing a motif each week. Still need to do one for this week.

Jump right in!

Nice to meet you, Anna! Thank you!

This is a good goal to make one motif a week. How big are the motifs? Are you joining them as you go, or you will join them later when you are done with all of them? I really hate to join, so for my tablecloth I joined squares with the last row of each square, so no sewing at the end!

I bet your tablecloth will be very pretty when you are all done. I love thread, just do not have patience for it.

Archived