Tablecloth-A-Long??

Lavelle26

Hi Shaylen.

Thanks so much for the 2nd link, but - guess what - when I had someone bidding against me for the first one, my dh went to ebay and found me a buy it now new copy for $2.00. (Isn't he a sweetie?) It didn't come up when I searched. I snatched it up immediately. I hope it gets here quickly! I LOVE that pattern.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry Anna..missed you posting

Here some cheers in the hope you get lots done today :cheer:cheer:cheer

Thank you Shaylen...but so far, I haven't gotten much done. I ran out of yarn for a hat I was doing, so I had to go to Micheals and one skien of yarn ended up costing me somewheres of about $50. :eek How did that happen???? It was priced at $2.49. :think My buggy had a few extra things in it that the yarn elves decided needed to go home with me. (those stinking elves)

Anyways, I hope to get at least one motif done tonight before bed.:hook

Same thing happenes to me to...my hubby will look in there and i have to look and say..NOW HOW IN THE HECK DID THAT GET IN THERE??he will just roll his eyes and say it was them dang little elves that keep stealing his socks..ofcourse i shake my head and say i warnded you about them hunny.

:rofl:rofl

ROFL...I can just picture you doing this in the store...in utter shock and amazement at the wonderful yarn selection the elves have chosen for you. Our poor hubbies...

Oh Wow - I never thought to blame the elves !!!!

:idea

My husband took me to Michael's today too - and somehow a $12.00 purchase

:yarn:yarn :yarn turned into a $42.00 purchase:mdust:yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn:mdust.

Maybe it's in the air today?

Oh Wow - I never thought to blame the elves !!!!

:idea

My husband took me to Michael's today too - and somehow a $12.00 purchase

:yarn:yarn :yarn turned into a $42.00 purchase:mdust:yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :mdust.

Maybe it's in the air today?

Told Ya!!:yes

Afternoon Ladies :hug

How is everyone doing on there tablecloth???

I have 43 done and am starting a new one now..i really love doing this one.I will try to get a photo of them later tonight..have been sick so been sleeping quite a bit but will do my best.

So how are we doing??:hook

I only have 5 done but they are turning out very large since I'm using Lustersheen instead of thread. That's ok...just means I don't have to do as many. :lol The pattern is joined as I go, and I already have 3 of them joined. Took a pic yesterday but haven't downloaded them yet...as soon as I do, I will post one. I'm very happy with how it's turning out. :manyheart

I haven't done my one motif yet this week. Been so busy with swaps and other CAL's. I still have two days though. I will do it...I WILL do it...:yes

Hey Shaylen and everyone! I received my pattern from ebay of the tablecloth Shaylen showed the other day!:cheer Thanks again! How is yours coming along?

However, I have so many ufo's I am working on now, I don't know when I will start. If you all are still here in a few...I would love to join you.

Where was this CAL three or four months ago when my mom called asking me to crochet her a tablecloth for her church? I'm not finished yet, so I guess I can still join.

I'm using the Cathedral Window Tablecloth patter,n http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Cathedral.html I'm using Aunt Lydia's shimmer in white, but it has been discontinued. I'm hoping to squeeze by and finish the motifs in what I have, and make the edging in something else. If I can't, well, I've got a substitution and they'll just have to put that part in the back or something. I've got 10 squares the go plus the edging. I'm also thinking of putting a backing on it, it looks so good when I spread it out on my marroon comforter.

Welcome BlondieeAggiee. You are more than welcome to join in at anytime. I started my tablecloth 8 years ago but lost the motivation since then so that is my purpose in this CAL. To have the motivation to finish it.

I am very sorry to announce that while I had very good intentions, that were very high and well placed, I have failed this past week to even look upon my tablecloth.:blush I can assure you though, that things will slow down for me a bit this week and I will try to get two motifs done. Yes, TWO!!!:D

thats ok Anna I to have not done anything on mine this week with wanting to get the dress done for you and my 2 exchanges and the squares for another person I had to look at my priorities and felt the the table cloth can go on hold for a few need to keep my promises to others first thats the way I am.

Wow!!! That is really gorgeous Anna. You did a wonderful job. It is truly unique and will inspire many conversations I am sure. Yay!!!:clap

That is really cool Anna..I like all the colors.

Welcome BlondieeAggiee..we will be here for awhile i think :lol

rddugan..we will be waiting for you.

I guess im going to have to get the old :tryme after you other guys..:lol..really thats why i think this is a great CAL..becouse it will be here for awhile and we can take care of other things if need be and still come back.

Im doing good..i have 54 done and have started putting it together.Here is a photo of where i have started putting them together.It is a really bright white so im not sure why it looks so off white in the photos..i will try to get some in the sun tommorw...so what do you think so far??

Picture021.jpg

This one is to show how big the mofits are.

Picture023.jpg

Shaylen,

I think it looks wonderful. Are you whip stitching or crocheting them together? I think the pattern says to crochet them, but I thought that would make them look bulky. I like yours- the join frames each motif. Thanks for showing the photo!

Wow Shaylen, that's looking real good.

I've finished four more blocks for my tablecloth. I've got one more of those to attach, then I'm going to measure to see how much more I've got to go. I'm guessing I've got 7 more squares to make.

Question...how do you determine how much "overhang" to make? The table I'm crocheting this for is 51 inches long, 21.5 inches wide, and 32.5 inches tall.

How many times should I click on this face??:eek :eek :eek :eek Anna, you're done. Shaylene, you have 54 done. I have 3 done. One is too big. One I twisted a chain putting it together. I am not taking either one out. An EXTRA BIG plant will go there. I am really going to have to get myself going here. Now is the perfect time to be crocheting with thread. My daughters were in the swimming pool yesterday and I sat in the shade and crocheted a scarf. It was 108 degrees and I was sweating buckets just sitting. I couldn't stand the yarn scarf laying in my lap. I need to do lighttweight things.

Yes, Shaylen, I agree with Karin...54???:eek :eek :eek Are we having a race??? Cause gosh, I would be last place I think. (and I started mine 8 years ago :lol )

No, really, your tablecloth is beautiful. I never knew that you made circles and they swirled as you joined them. How clever!!!! I may attempt that as my next table cloth knowing that. Yours is very beautiful. Great job!!

And Yes, I have the feeling we will be here a while, which is why I thought this would be a good CAL. :hook

Archived