Homespun Border Patterned Blanket

Pink and Grey

I love it! I have started mine and it is red, white, and blue and I have a glod I am going to use in the border!

I have started mine and it is red, white, and blue and I have a glod I am going to use in the border!

Kiki: I never would have thought of that for this afghan, but I bet that will be striking. Please post some pics on the CAL when you can.

Ginny

I will! I am making it in honor of my husband and our life in the Army. He's deployed so it is especially meaningful now!

Kiki: I'm sure he'll love it!

mamaoso: We have a CAL going for this blanket if you want to join

Isabella: I did the center portion (the 4 x 5 blocks) in long rows, picking up each color as I went across the row, so I had four colors attached at all times--like a big graph ghan. Once the center was done I followed the pattern to put the border on. It's worked one edge at a time for the first 6 color changes, then on to the next edge. When all four edges are done, the last color is done in rounds.

I did consider doing the center as four panels (and some of the CAL members are doing this), but decided to do it this way instead.

Ginny

Oooooh, Ginny, didn't yours turn out nicely!

Yes they do turn out big and warm, but I live in Wisconsin...how will yours been in NC?

Are you keeping it or giving it away?

It is wonderful.

Archived