Kristen's bag

laureni526

Lauren, I love, Love, LOVE THIS PURSE!!! :manyheart

I am so intrigued (obsessed??!) with cable/aran stitches and specifically in purses, and yours is a perfect example of what is so cool about them. I love the color. I love how you converted an outstanding cable pattern to the purse. That hat pttern from crochetgarden is a favorite of mine, but I'd never even thought of using it for a purse. I love the way the bamboo handles look with the kiwi green yarn. And your notes on your blog are fantastic. Your other picture there really shows the cable stitches in more detail. Like you, I really like Nina Kate's purse too and love the look and notes of the sable cable vest from Crochetme.

Thank you, Lauren, for this pleasant excursion into cable purse heaven! :c9:angel:c9

I truly look forward to the pictures and notes from your next bags. :yes

Thanks for the great words everyone. Crochetmama - you put my head in the clouds. Before I saw the crochet garden pattern I didn't even realized that you could cable in crochet.

KnicKnac, believe it or not I found these handles - and several other cool ones - at my dumpy little run down Jo-Ann Fabrics. I could not believe it, they had at least 20 different handles between shapes, styles and sizes and even more in top stock. In my store they were in the notions section with the velcro (not an obvious association for me). And when I got them they were on sale 40% off! Of course I bought a few different kinds, so some day, in between the millions of other crochet projects I have going on, I will make one for me.

http://www.joann.com/search/search_results.jhtml;$sessionid$G4FTSXYAAE300P4SY5LRIHR50LD3UEPO?CATID=3&keywords=purse+handles&_requestid=478818&eid=1147565223587_296759_4705031&page=page1

I'm off to put hook to yarn. Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there.

• 3 months later...

Archived