Saturday Night Live

So we're watching SNL last night (let the kids stay up late to watch it) and weekend update comes on. Same topical humour, then Tina Fey starts into a bit about the Knitta Crew, which are a real group in the US that use knitted items for graffiti (check out these pics).

Anyway, she says "unfortunately a member of Knitta Crew was gunned down shortly after. Taking credit for the hit was a member of Los Crochet Locos".:rofl

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard!:laughroll I am an SNL fan from the beginning, but last night, like a true yarnaholic, I passed out, hook in hand, and DH had to help me get to bed.

Living here in Los Angeles I get to see a LOT of destruction via graffitti, but I may have to join the ranks and do a little retaliation via some crochet graffitti! (I certainly have the UFO's and ugly yarn!)

Thanks for sharing this one!

Oh my, that must be the funniest thing I have ever seen !!!!

Thank you for sharing and for the links

That sounds like fun and they get to see the country.....wish I had the money for travel

_____

cindy

That is a fantastic idea!!! (I'm feeling a rumbling in my head starting......) But first I have to tell you a quick story. One Saturday recently, my husband and I went to a golf show (where you walk around & look at & buy golf stuff ho-hum) and when we were walking towards the building, he pointed to the ground on the parking lot and I looked to where he was pointing to see a glob of orange yarn lying there, all wet & dirty like it had been there for a while. He jokingly said "Have you been here before?" We laughed.... I always, ALWAYS take my crocheting with me everywhere we go - and crochet in the car on the way there & back and in-between too if I get a chance! Anyway, let's see, what was the point of my story? Oh yeah, it's like some crocheter (or knitter) left their calling card. This is the same thing, except better! I love the pics. It's so cool - just knowing that when other crocheters & knitters see these tags of artwork, they're going to know a kindred soul is out there somewhere, and they'll feel a connection. They'll wonder "Whose hands made that?" and "I wonder where that person is right now?", etc..... Do you suppose we could do the same thing? In our home town - say, tie a small scarf around the city limits sign and take a pic to show on the 'ville? Could be fun! Whaddaya think? :hook Would it be violating any laws??

Even my son jumped and started giggling about it! I loved it!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl POLYCOTN!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

uh huh....that's what I said. Wonder if we could start a group like that. We have people here from every where, and each month we could send somebody in a new place packages of stuff to put out, each month we could hit a different city, we could even include the Aussies. Eh...just a thought.

I LOVED it....I laughed out loud...not believing that it was said.

We gotta watch it guys/girls, Los Crochet Locos are now being targeted for some serious knit retaliation.:lol

That SNL thing is hilarious, but am I the only one who thinks this is still just littering?

When I used to live in LA, I worked on the beach and every once in a while, the animal rights people would do a little parade with "blood" soaked stuffed animals and hand out pamphlets. Well, at the end of the day, the strand and the beach was littered with nasty dirty little stuffed animals and all the pamphlets people didn't want. Who picked this stuff up? Not the animal rights people, that's for sure. Y'all don't even want to know what mucked up the beach when the pro-lifers came around.

It's cute and all to take a picture of and remove, but I've lived in the big city long enough to know that even though it's just tied on (so, not permanent grafitti), nobody is going to take the initiative to pick it up off the ground when it gets blown or knocked down (and rained on, stepped on, peed on by dogs and homeless people). Then it'll just be litter.

Sorry to be a downer.

uh huh....that's what I said. Wonder if we could start a group like that. We have people here from every where, and each month we could send somebody in a new place packages of stuff to put out, each month we could hit a different city, we could even include the Aussies. Eh...just a thought.

ROFL!! We could be the "Village Idiots"!!:drool!:rofl :rofl :drool:rofl :rofl

That SNL thing is hilarious, but am I the only one who thinks this is still just littering?

When I used to live in LA, I worked on the beach and every once in a while, the animal rights people would do a little parade with "blood" soaked stuffed animals and hand out pamphlets. Well, at the end of the day, the strand and the beach was littered with nasty dirty little stuffed animals and all the pamphlets people didn't want. Who picked this stuff up? Not the animal rights people, that's for sure. Y'all don't even want to know what mucked up the beach when the pro-lifers came around.

It's cute and all to take a picture of and remove, but I've lived in the big city long enough to know that even though it's just tied on (so, not permanent grafitti), nobody is going to take the initiative to pick it up off the ground when it gets blown or knocked down (and rained on, stepped on, peed on by dogs and homeless people). Then it'll just be litter.

Sorry to be a downer.

Good point. On the other hand, I know here in my area, it will probably be just me doing it, and I hardly think I could leave enough of this stuff at one time, to be a litter problem. I don't think any of us could do the litter damage a parade of people could do. I mean, you could....but I don't think any of us would. And neat colorful (small) objects are certainly not blood soaked stuffed animals.

Archived