Red fuzzy shawl with beads

Cuddlefish

Here's a shawl I just finished. I was hoping to have it done by May 1st, but it took a little longer than that. Two days in all, actually. It was pretty quick, once I got the first few long rows over with. :)

redfuzzyshawl5pd.jpg

I sewed beads on the edge afterwards. The pic doesn't show them well, so I tried balling it up to get them to show more:

redshawlinaball8qt.jpg

Ah well, they're still hard to see, put you get the picture. And I like the finished product better than the pics. ;)

Very pretty. You can see a hint of the beads in the second picture. They are always hard to see, unless the pattern has nothing but beads in it or they are a different color.:hook

That looks like a nice light shaw that can be worn in the spring and fall, or when there is a slight breeze at night.:hook

Tampa Doll: Yeah, I made another beaded shawl once, but the beads were so invisible I gave up posting the picture. This one is actually a replica of that first one; I've used it so much I wanted another one in a different colour. I don't intend to use it as a shawl much, though. The other one for some reason works very well as a scarf, and that's what I intend for this one too. A summer type scarf. :)

That's lovely and looks so soft!

I was thinking mohair when I saw it!

I must do that, looks just yummy :)

Thank you. :hug

A very pretty shawl, cuddlefish. I also adore scarves and I love your beading. I also like the open and airy look. :)

Thanks for all the nice comments. :hug

It's the same stitch I used in this one:

The stitch is described in the link in my sig to My patterns. :)

psmorssjal5sy.jpg

Archived