Annie's Attic Pattern for April 11th - Question about instructions...

eurolyons

Hi, there is a really cute pet bed and blanket pattern for today's free Annie's Attic pattern of the day...however...

Under Cuff Lining there is this note:

Note: $VGG NJOJOH JT XPSLFE PO84 PG PVUFS DVGG

and under Blanket there is this note:

Note: BTUFO PGG DPNPSOPU JO VTF BT XPSL QSPHSFTTFT

I'm personally presuming this is one bad typo...but if anyone knows what this really means, I'd be grateful for some insight...thanks...

I've got the second one . . . it's "Fasten off color not in use as work progressess."

Still working on the first one, but it has the word "lining" in it. Be back soon I hope with that one.;)

Ok, the first one is "Cuff lining is worked on (top?) of outer cuff" The part in red is the PO84 part and there aren't enough charachters to say on top, but the "on" part is right, so I'm guessing at the top just because it makes sense & goes with the rest of the phrase.

Chrome Kitty, you are my hero! Thank you so much...I'm not good with Cryptoquip...but thank God you are!!!!!

Oh, Thank you :hug I was just saving that to make later and was so confused when I saw the instructions. You are truly amazing !!! :cheer

Again. another proof that this is the best board in the whole world :hook

:manyheart cindy

The original pattern is in "Crochet for Caring & Sharing", a House of White Birches book by Carol Alexander (Cozy Pet Bed & Blanket designed by Ruthie Marks), which I have.

Cuff lining note reads: Cuff lining is worked on WS of outer cuff.

Blanket note reads: Fasten off color not in use as work progresses.

I copied these translations right out of the book.

The original pattern is in "Crochet for Caring & Sharing", a House of White Birches book by Carol Alexander (Cozy Pet Bed & Blanket designed by Ruthie Marks), which I have.

Cuff lining note reads: Cuff lining is worked on WS of outer cuff.

Blanket note reads: Fasten off color not in use as work progresses.

I copied these translations right out of the book.

Thanks! I figured someone would have the book so I didn't stress about it. ;)

Not that I'm ever going to make it anyway. :lol

you know what's funny...I have Carol Alexander's email addy and was about to write her asking if she knew about this pattern and what the problem was, but decided to post here and first off share it because I thought it was funny and secondly, to see if anyone had the pattern and knew what the "code" meant...

Thank you for sharing...

Cuff Lining

Note: Cuff lining is worked on WS of outer cuff.

Blanket

Note: Fasten off color not in use as work progresses.

Hi, there is a really cute pet bed and blanket pattern for today's free Annie's Attic pattern of the day...however...

Under Cuff Lining there is this note:

Note: $VGG NJOJOH JT XPSLFE PO84 PG PVUFS DVGG

and under Blanket there is this note:

Note: BTUFO PGG DPNPSOPU JO VTF BT XPSL QSPHSFTTFT

I'm personally presuming this is one bad typo...but if anyone knows what this really means, I'd be grateful for some insight...thanks...

Cuff Lining

Note: Cuff lining is worked on WS of outer cuff.

Blanket

Note: Fasten off color not in use as work progresses.

Thanks...the pattern's been corrected and thanks to Chrome Kitty, we had a translation this morning...but thanks for posting again...

Yep, because I was still up and struggling with my income taxes, I checked the website around 12:30 Tuesday morning for a diversion (anything to avoid taxes!!). Saw the gibberish :think I have the Crochet for Caring and Sharing book, so looked up the right text and sent annie's customer service an email. They sent me back a reply the next morning that they'd corrected the pattern. I bet others sent 'em email, too.

I'd have posted the right text here, but my 'Net connection went down right after I emailed 'em, and didn't come back up until today half an hour ago (but that's another story :irk). glad Chrome Kitty was on the job - we're in good hands!

Cool...I bet they got emails...

Archived