Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ho Wendy

Yep, our Christmas went well. Food was good and I THINK everyone had a good time. They all seemed to. I'm always glad when it's done and you can get the house back to normal again ,so it's nice to have it over with .

Now on to some SERIOUS CROCHETING !!! :lol

Wendy~ love the ATW...great inspiration to get the last of mine done. Only one and half rounds of my border left. Are you going to put a border on yours?

Hope everyone had a Great Christmas and got everything they wanted!

I just did a dc in each dc and then at the corners did the same as in the squares. On the inner corners (bottom of the v) I skipped two to leave a space similar to the squares. But I do believe someone else just did a sc in each sc around. It also looks nice w/o a boarder though.

Yea!!! I finally totally finished my ATW!!! I will post pics in the morning. I gave it to my god-daughter tonight and she loved it! that was need to see her cuddle up in it. :)

Just thought I'd bump this back up to the top -- waiting for a photo here yet from Brenda .

I know a few of you out there are still floating around working on your quilt-ghans.

I still have visions of Prairie Stars floating in my head and ONE OF THESE DAYS I'm actually gonna have a real one made with my own 2 hands. I always stall out when I come to the white part-- gonna try using a different color than white that may not be quite as mind-numbing .

Anyhow, I wanted to bump this up in case we still have some interested parties out there .

:)

Hey Wendy

Well, the 9 patch for the time being has hit the dust . I guess I have to put them all in order of what I want to do the most and that prairie star has been dangling around in my brain for as long as I first saw the pattern .

The 9 patch is somewhere down on the list . My list keeps growing, though, which doesn't help ! :lol

Are you still doing yours ?

Could I still join in on this? I just started an Ohio Star Crochet Quilt. I see that Tabitha is starting a new one too. My goal is to have mine done around the beginning of May as it's for my MIL and she will be visiting around that time.

I have about 20 squares to finish my attic windows, hopefully within a week! Then just to put it together...lol...the fun part! I will post pics when finally done!

Welcome, Donna ~

Of course, we'd love to have you join in. Have you started on yours yet and if so, what colors ?

Theresa- it sounds like you are about to cross the finish line ! Good for you ~

Tabby- yea, I get the hint ..... I may just have to BITE THE BULLET and do it this time . I REALLY want to make one of these ---

I have changed colors so many times, I am out of combinations. Maybe I should just close my eyes and pick yarn off the shelf and toss it in the cart. Whatever gets thrown in is what colors I'll be using .

Tabby

Have you ever known anyone that changed their mind so much as I do ? It's like a HOBBY at this point . :lol

I wish our doggone walmart would get on the stick and get new yarn in. It's about down to STUBS now . They have like 87,000 balls of Fun Fur ( which I never see anyone buy ) and about 7 skeins of assorted other colors.

Maybe I should go for broke and go to the yarn shop the next town over. If I buy from her, I'll HAVE to finish it. Her yarn is WAY more than I spend on yarn. I go for the good old Red Heart most all the time .

Archived