Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donna~That is gorgeous & cheery. Great job! :clap:cheer:clap

Julie~Sounds like a plan to me even though I have no clue what you're talking about. But hey if it's in one piece and not made of squares then i'm in. :D I also get a real kick out of your editing reasons. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Thanks girls. I really like how it's coming together. It seems to brighten up the room it's in already. Definitely a spring/summer type of quilt. It does look brighter in person than in that picture. Hopefully next photo Friday we will have a sunnier day so I can try to get the colors better. :)

You ladies are so funny!

I like the editing reasons, as well...

I haven't gotten to my PS in a couple days - been very busy. I only have about 15 more diamonds to make to finish the main body of it. Maybe today? Hopefully soon! Then it's border time.

Has anyone else made the Prairie Star that's still around, and can tell me what you did for increase and decrease around the borders? I'd rather KNOW than wing it.... :D

I have been lurking for quite a while and admiring the amazing things that everyone is doing. So, I guess I'll give in to temptation :devil and ask to join in. This will be my first quilt type afghan. I'm going to jump in with both feet and try to make an original design. :loco

I got the graph paper out and came up with an interlocking kitty cats design. I am working on first block now. It looks like each block will be about 16 " sq. I think I will do a round of black DC around each block. Once the ghan is done, I'm going to put eyes on the kitties and embroider whiskers. Probably add braided yarn tails. :) I've figured out how to do the join-as-you-go method. That looks like it will work for me as I hate sewing things together. :yuck

It may take a while to get this done, because I'm going to have to finish other things as I go along. I'll try to post a pic when I get the digital camera back from my husband.:rolleyes

Hi Julie, I get a big WOOHOO today. last night I sat down and actually figured out the v square and the 2 color square so now I can make some real progress on the afghan. I have about 100 squares made of the 392 that it takes so I am getting there.

Paula

Hi Paula-

A big shout out of WooHoo to you ! That is great that you figured out your squares and have so many done already -- you are another speedy crocheter !

Maybe by next Friday you'll have a photo to show of your progress. I hope so . :)

Welcome Leslie, that sounds real cute can't wait to see a block.

Paula that is a great start. That is real fast crocheting.

I've been graphing out a few more blocks from a quilt block magazine. I think I'll try to do one of each for a sample soon so I can see which ones I want to design something with.

Thanks for the praise and encouragement everyone. I noe have 126 squares done and i put 4 of them together in a block to see what it would look like, so far you really can't tell anything, but i thinkI will do some more of the 2 color squares, the v-squares and the flower squares and then try to get a few blocks done before Friday so you can all see how it is progressing.

Archived