Sunny Scrubby Dishcloth

melectric

My husband and I are always debating on whether or not dishcloths are better than scrubby pads. So I thought I would settle the debate and combine the two. I am also a fiend for brightly colored kitchen stuff, so I couldn't resist the color combination. :lol

16.gif

Love it.

That is what I'm working on now, not a square one, I'm doing the sunflower from here although now that I have seen your scrubbie I really want to try one, have you got a pattern?

I have made some of these scrubbies. I have found that if you just do crochet around the nylon scrubber, the thing tends to fall apart from use. I have found a pattern on CPC (I think) that makes an excellent scrubber. It doesn't fall apart because you crochet a backing for one side of the scrubber and then connect the scrubber to the backing. The you can do whatever to make the wash cloth part. I hope you can understand this. It really works great!:clap

I need to work up a pattern for it. I haven't been crocheting by pattern lately, so my pattern writing skills are pretty rusty. I think my oldest scrubby dishcloth like this is over a year old. I am super crazy about bacteria, so I only use then once and then wash them in hot in the washing machine. I have never had one of them fall apart. I have had the pad kind of fuzz out, but I haven't had them seperate from each other.

Great scrubbie!

I was at a craft show last Saturday and bought this little thingy scrubbie thing. Its just about the greatest thing I have ever used in the kitchen! You can use it on anything - even things that tend to get scratched by scrubbies. Its a little pocket that you can slip your fingers in to scrub. Now, get this ----- its crocheted out of NETTING! You know the kind, the bridal netting you buy at WalMart, Michaels, etc. I think the netting was cut in small strips and then crocheted. I may try to make one.

Lynn

Archived