New afghan creation

mseavey2

Looks GREAT! It looks fantastic.

This is a real beginner's question, but how did you handle the vertical-to-horizontal ratio when transferring the pattern? I need to do a name with sc, and I'm wondering if there is a ready-made graph paper for this (I found lots of knitting graph papers on the web, but not sc crochet). Since each stitch is a bit fat, if I use a regular graph paper, it will come out a little squished.

I can calculate it from the gauge and make my own graph paper, of course, but I'm being a bit lazy...

This whole graph I did in single crochet. The way I figure out my graph is I have a total of 190 rows by 140 stitches. I leave 40 rows for the top and 40 rows for the bottom. Then I leave 20 rows between the words. After that I have 90 rows left over to create my lettering. I then use a piece of regular graph paper and make my lettering to what I have leftover for rows. I just keep working on it until it looks to my liking. I would say it takes me a good 2 days of working on it off and on to get it to my liking. Don't know if this helps you or not.

I JUST WANTED TO SAY I THINK THIS AFGHAN IS AMAZING. I HAVE NOT BEEN CROCHETING FOR VERY LONG AND I CAN'T EVEN START TO IMAGE HOW YOU DID THIS. ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU ROCK :2rock GAYNELL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived