Cotton yarn hotpads?

Well some of the their labels have dish towel and pot holder patterns. I have pot holders out of 2 strands crocheted together

I've made potholders out of them - by holding two strands and just single crochet - or making it the "envelope" method. Single layer just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

I've made potholders using the cotton, but I always use a pattern where I make two sides, and then place a piece of felt in the center. I agree with Tamara - a single layer doesn't cut it. It's probably fine without the felt, but I am a worry wart about the heat burning through. Here is a potholder pattern that I have been very interested in trying, but haven't gotten around to it yet. It has an interesting stitch pattern, which makes the potholder thicker. It might be one for you to try if you are not interested in making either the envelope or two-sided pad.

Last year as stocking stuffers for the girls I crocheted handle holders out of cotton... they are just little tubes closed on one end you slip on the handle of a frying pan or pot when you take them off the stove... they work great!

I think I pretty much do what antara does - and I love mine. Here's a link that gives you basic directions - obviously for something else (Dot's Doohickey), lol, but the stitch in it is what you want, and since it's for a long rectangle, you can easily adapt the initial chain to the length you want and then just make a square. I would have gotten very frustrated trying this stitch on my own (just guessing) but Dot makes it easy to understand.

Archived