Painted Doilies??

heartsmiles

Question

Does anyone know of any free patterns out there for painted doilies :think ...the ones done with regular sewing thread??? I know Annies Attic has a book with patterns but I'm trying to go the free route first :lol

Thanks in advance for any help :D

8 answers to this question

I tried that route, also, but to no avail. Although reading the intro, you can do it with any doily pattern, you just have to decide colors and how many rounds you would do with the one color, etc.

The designer of the painted doilies is a member of C'Ville. Here is her introductory post. Her personal website lists some free patterns, but none of them are her famous painted ones.

I bought an issue of Crochet! Magazine 2003 that had a pattern in it for a painted doily. I even bought the thread, but haven't yet made it. That was three years ago! Eek!:eek

~ Lori

It is true that you can do it wil any doily pattern. Alls you have to do is decide the number of colors you want to use, divide that by the number of rows and that will tell you how many rows per color.

You use three strands of thread per color. Now, two rows before the end of a color, you drop one strand of old color and add one strand of new color. Next row you drop another strand of old color and add another strand of new color. Next row you drop final strand of old color and add last strand of new color. This is how you get the even flow and it looks like they are blended.

Good luck and have fun.

I made a painted doily from the pattern book and someday I will make another that is not in the book.:hook

I bought an issue of Crochet! Magazine 2003 that had a pattern in it for a painted doily. I even bought the thread, but haven't yet made it. That was three years ago! Eek!:eek

~ Lori

Are you talking about that awesome painted scarf pattern? :eek:c9 I haven't bought the thread yet, but that's definitely on my WIM list. It's gorgeous!

Archived