Thierry the Tortue

Kimberly

I would like to introduce you to the latest member of my household......Thierry the Tortue!

th_Thierry.jpg

Thierry will be living with me on a short term assignment, supervising the creation of several other turtle friends of varying colors and sizes, before being sent of to America!

The pattern came from Reecie. I followed the pattern for the most part....I crocheted the bottom in a round instead of wedge section, and then slipped stitch it to the toppart, creating the tail while going around! He worked up fairly quickly and was really fun to make!!

Aww Kimberly

He turned out very very cute... Bet his is a well matterned pet also.

I am not into crocheted animals but the more I see these little cuties the more I think I really need to try a few. Great ay to use up some left over yarn. Would make a great doggie toy with a squeaker inside. Naww it is to cute to let the dogs chew on .

:cheer:hook

Aww Kimberly

He turned out very very cute... Bet his is a well matterned pet also.

I am not into crocheted animals but the more I see these little cuties the more I think I really need to try a few. Great ay to use up some left over yarn. Would make a great doggie toy with a squeaker inside. Naww it is to cute to let the dogs chew on .

Thanks Darlene!! :hug You are right - they are great to use up the scraps....And as shown with Thierry's colors, imagination is your only limitation.....no little kid would look down on Thierry for being blue and not green or brown! He worked up very quickly and would be perfect to donate to a local childrens hospital ward - a little buddy to hold onto when getting a shot!

He's so cute, Kimberly!! I have been wanting to make one of these, but my WIP/WIM list is so long.... :lol Great job!! I can't wait to see all his new friends, too.

Tina

Thanks everyone!! No fears, I will be showing his little friends.....I am still working on making a larger size turtle..I was thinking of doing a momma turtle and her babies.

While Thierry is marked down to go to my nephew, I have been thinking of sending the Momma and a bunch of 'babies' to my aunt who is a Pediatrician....the Momma would be hers and the babies would be available to be given to her patients. I am still waiting her feedback on this one though!

Looks great :clap and as you say the different combinations

are endless. If Tampa Doll made that as a gift she would

have to make two, :eek one for my computer room desk. :P lol

He's so sweet! He looks great! And I love his name. Is he French?

I need to try making a turtle, too, since I am on an amigurumi kick (*adds to ever-growing list*)-- after all, they are my people! :wink

:turtle Turtleheart :turtle

He's so sweet! He looks great! And I love his name. Is he French?
It is a toss-up on if he is french or belgian.....I think he has decided to be french (Tortue is french for Turtle btw) I'll give the next one a Flemish name and he (she) can be my Belgian turtle....I think that Schildpad is turtle in Flemish.....its turtle in Dutch at least...... :turtle

kimberly! he's turned out tooooo cute!!! my pattern would be too easy for you to adapt to make larger ones. feel free. i can't wait to see your new ones! :cheer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived