Rainbow Boucle

mjett37

Question

17 answers to this question

I have never seen this in a solid. Hence the name "Rainbow." I would like to see some that is a solid color but I don't think they actually make a solid in this, do they???

Yep! The colors weren't great, IMHO, though... If I remember right they were pretty 70's feeling - rust and gray and purple and green, with tweed-ish flecks in them.

I really like using this yarn. I used two strands to make a really soft, warm capelet for myself. I used one of the varigated colors, starting the balls of my yarn at different points on the varigation - turned out pretty cool.

I also used one strand of the boucle and one strand of RH to make a poncho and hat set for my youngest. It worked very quickly and hung nicely.

Regarding non-striping versions of the Rainbow Boucle, I have it in a berry color with the flecks. Distribution of the solid color skeins has never been all that wide from what I recall and it was fairly slow to follow the self-striping version at all.

I was thinking of making a nice throw with a skein of Rainbow I have but it's too thin and I'm worried if I make it while holding WW yarn at the same time that it won't have the striped effect.

Anyone else try this?

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. You should still get the striping effect, it may just be more muted. Best way to find out is to give it a whirl!

I got my order from Joann's yesterday. I ordered one skein each of the red, green, and blue. There's a lot of yarn in those skeins! I'm planning on making the circle throw from a pattern I purchase on Lion Brand's site. Maybe I'll start it this weekend when we take our car trip.

I prefer Bernat Soft Boucle as it's fluffy, warm and thick. The rainbow is very thin. However, I absolutely love how it gradually changes colors so that you don't have to switch colors yourself. I wish more yarns were made like this (colorwise at least)

I was thinking of making a nice throw with a skein of Rainbow I have but it's too thin and I'm worried if I make it while holding WW yarn at the same time that it won't have the striped effect.

Anyone else try this?

I got 3 skeins of the Rainbow colorway and hated working with it, I prefer Bernat Soft Boucle too, but I really like the colorway of the Rainbow and I love the things I've seen out of it, especially the Seraphina Shawl.

I was gifted a skein that was a solid with flecks, I don't have it anymore as it's been made into items that have been sold already or I would give you the color name. I'll see if I still have the wrapper when I feel better. (If it's a good yarn I like I try to keep the wrapper so I know to buy more like it)

I got it at Joann's for $6 each. They have solid colors too' date=' if you go to the store. I got a solid orange with goldish flecks color. I like it better than Bernat because it isn't as fluffy and it doesn't totally obliterate stitch detail. The blanket I made ended up with a neat texture. But, it is also thinner than Bernat because it isn't as fluffy.

BTW, my orange skein was an absolute disaster. You wouldn't believe the knots in that thing, but from what I read here, that is abnormal--everyone else I've read about has had a great experience with it.

Nicole[/quote']

I have never seen this in a solid. Hence the name "Rainbow." I would like to see some that is a solid color but I don't think they actually make a solid in this, do they???

I got it at Joann's for $6 each. They have solid colors too, if you go to the store. I got a solid orange with goldish flecks color. I like it better than Bernat because it isn't as fluffy and it doesn't totally obliterate stitch detail. The blanket I made ended up with a neat texture. But, it is also thinner than Bernat because it isn't as fluffy.

BTW, my orange skein was an absolute disaster. You wouldn't believe the knots in that thing, but from what I read here, that is abnormal--everyone else I've read about has had a great experience with it.

Nicole

I just got some last weekend, my first time using it. I bought the dark blue rainbow and the berry rainbow for $6.00 each. I'm using the blue to make the Martha poncho for my mom's birthday in a few wks. It's really really soft, more so than I expected.:manyheart

Actually, it's been on sale for $6 for awhile now. The sale has just been extended to run in the next sale as well.

You can find it at your local Jo-Anns store or order it onlie from Jo-Anns.com

It's a lovely yarn. It automatically stripes while you work it. It's not as nice as Bernat Soft Boucle but it is nice...

It's a Joanns yarn, I just got the new flyer today and it will be on sale for $6.00 a skein starting Feb. 5th. I hope this helps you out :hook

p.s. by the way the skeins are HUGE and have a lot of yardage!

Archived