Clutch

buggaboosmommy

I had my big meeting on Monday, and made a little felted clutch to match the color sweater I wanted to wear, lol. I'm a nerd :P Anyway, it was just big enough and I got so many compliments. No pattern, just whipped it up and added a zipper!

Donna

Images ARE clickable!

th_DSC01379.jpg

th_DSC01378.jpg

Was the zipper hard? Did you do that by hand?

The zipper was so simple! I was worried that it would be too advanced for me, and yes I did it by hand. I washed it first inside a pillowcase, just in case. Then I did have to trim the zipper, but instructions came on the package on how to do that. I am sure you could do it with no problems, Aidan!!

Donna

That is too cute! I must make one for myself and my grand-daughter. She loves purses as much as I do! One question (probably a stupid question) did you put the zipper in after you felted it? derrrr....(I'm the water girl....):think

That is too cute! I must make one for myself and my grand-daughter. She loves purses as much as I do! One question (probably a stupid question) did you put the zipper in after you felted it? derrrr....(I'm the water girl....):think

I felted the purse and flower (placing them in different pillowcases) first. After it dried, I added the zipper and attached the flower. When you sew the zipper on, because the felt is thick, you don't have to pull the needle all the way through the purse..so you don't have stitch marks!

Donna

For adding fabric, or other items..check out this site. Just look on the right hand side..it's a knitting site, but can be done with crochet as well.

http://www.helloknitty.com/videoinstr.htm

Archived