Hello! New Here!

Guest thewinkybear

Guest thewinkybear

Hi Everybody! :hi

My name is Linda :loco and I live in rainy Seattle, Wa. I am a writer, :computer :sb and I do tend to go on and on :blah .

My interests (besides crochet!) include sewing, fabric and yarn, reading, :read machine and loom knitting, :knit machine embroidery, Dressage (a horse sport), Boston Terriers, and tea. :coffeeteachoc

I have been crocheting for about a year now, though I learned how many years ago. My latest projects have been simple scarves made from Lion Brand Fun Fur and other eyelash yarns.

I am allergic to wool, silk, alpaca and the like, so I am usually limited to cotton and acrylic yarns. :thumbsdown

Like many folks I have a limited budget, but I do have quite a yarn and fabric stash. It's mostly Red Heart and Lion brand acrylics. I am constantly searching out affordable yarns on the web. :sherlock

I like to crochet quick and useful things out of yummy yarns like Lion Homespun. I like to use the larger hooks. My grandmother used to do thread crochet with those teeny-tiny steel hooks. She was great at it but I don't think I could do it. Concentrating that hard might give me a headache! :bang

Anyway, I'm thrilled to find this forum and I look forward to getting to know you all. :woohoo

Welcome Linda! :hi

:)h What a great introduction! I'm sure you'll fit right in here. :grouphug

:welcome Linda!

You said "simple" and "fun fur" in the same sentance.... you are a better woman than I am heheh because the word *I* use with fun fur is definately not that one (and it's not fit for saying where children can hear/read!) :not Next time I need a FFF scarf done up how bout I mail it to you *g* and if you want something done with wool/silk etc. you send it to me ;)

Glad to have you here at Crochetville, it's a wonderful place, you'll really :)h it here!

Marvie

Guest NCAugeriFan

Hi Linda! :wave

I'm new to the boards also. I like simple things also. And I have learned that the few days I've been on board....everyone loves to help!!!!

:welcome

Cadie

Guest thewinkybear

:day

Tee-Hee!

Actually I find it easy to crochet with. A lot of my crochet freinds can't see it. tho. They look at all that fringe and git skeerd. :eek2

:welcome Linda

I live in Federal Way WA. Glad you found this board. I haven't been active lately. Been very busy with the holidays and having my son home for 2 week from school. I'm jumping:yay2 for joy for school tomorrow morning.

Betsy

Federal Way WA

Archived