Fendi Knockoff Bag CAL--CLOSED--Please no requests for pattern

Mom w/a Motif

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I finally finished my Fendi. It is a present for my MIL and her birthday was Wed, so I figured it was time to get it together and finish the dang thing. Finishing is not my strong suit (why my spring tote swap partner hasn't gotten her tote yet, either), so I put it off as long as possible. I'm happy with the way it turned out, I think she'll love it.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/r.dickman@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/9ccf&.src=ph

Well, I finally finished my Fendi. It is a present for my MIL and her birthday was Wed, so I figured it was time to get it together and finish the dang thing. Finishing is not my strong suit (why my spring tote swap partner hasn't gotten her tote yet, either), so I put it off as long as possible. I'm happy with the way it turned out, I think she'll love it.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/r.dickman@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/9ccf&.src=ph

I love it!!!:manyheart You did an excellent job on it. I'm sure your MIL will love it!!!:)

I just started this today. I'm planning on making it a bit smaller though. Using a F hook instead of a H hook. :) It'll be a sage green color. Can't wait to see it develop into a bag! :manyheart

Ooo, sage, I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

I'd love to make one of these bags but still waiting on the pattern. I have been thinking of just making a pattern of my own. Maybe when I get some time then I can get started.

Angela :angel

I am pretty happy. I just got the pattern!!!! Now I just have to pick what color I want to make it. Leaning toward Cherry Red or maybe that Cabana Print that I have been holding on to for a lil while now. :c9

I would love to make this bag for my daughter. I read all of the posts and I sent a email to the address posted about a month ago asking for the patrern....still waiting for a reply. My daughter would just love this in purple.

Got the pattern. Thanks! :cheer:hook

I am almost half way through with the ruffle. I think I did something that I won't do again! LOL I am doing mine with the LB suede which I love, but when I started with a G Hook I really didn't like it, so I switched to an F and increased the starting chain by about 10 stitches. This really made it a lot bigger than I expected! It's about 14 by 11! I am doing the ruffle like someone else explained it here (sorry can't remember who did it this way)....but it looks more like the original...like ribbing....it is very pretty, but it is taking so much more yarn! I am on my fourth skein of the suede and I may need to buy another to finish! I do like the size as I am more of a big purse person, but boy is it taking a long time to finish! My daughter wants me to make one for her, but she wants more of a clutch type....she says she likes mine but not so big! I'll try to post pics when I am done. This has been a neat project and I've had a lot of fun doing it...just won't do it so big next time! LOL

I am almost half way through with the ruffle. I think I did something that I won't do again! LOL I am doing mine with the LB suede which I love, but when I started with a G Hook I really didn't like it, so I switched to an F and increased the starting chain by about 10 stitches. This really made it a lot bigger than I expected! It's about 14 by 11! I am doing the ruffle like someone else explained it here (sorry can't remember who did it this way)....but it looks more like the original...like ribbing....it is very pretty, but it is taking so much more yarn! I am on my fourth skein of the suede and I may need to buy another to finish! I do like the size as I am more of a big purse person, but boy is it taking a long time to finish! My daughter wants me to make one for her, but she wants more of a clutch type....she says she likes mine but not so big! I'll try to post pics when I am done. This has been a neat project and I've had a lot of fun doing it...just won't do it so big next time! LOL

I just love the suede! Can't wait to see how it turns out!:)

i have finished mine last night. :clap But my camera's batteries are dead, so i won't be able to post pics til tomorrow. :( I can at least tell u's it's a sage green color w/ light pink ribbon threaded through the openings. So pretty, i love the way pink and green go together. :manyheart

i have finished mine last night. :clap But my camera's batteries are dead, so i won't be able to post pics til tomorrow. :( I can at least tell u's it's a sage green color w/ light pink ribbon threaded through the openings. So pretty, i love the way pink and green go together. :manyheart

Get some batteries girlfriend!!!! We wanna see!:)

Theresa I can't wait to see yours in the Suede (I love that yarn!) (Was it my ruffle you used? I did a 'tutorial' on the first or second page..) It does take longer, but I like the way it looks better. :) (Especially if you chained an extra 10 stitches! :lol )

Soul2heart did you get any batteries yet? Every time I buy batteries I guard them with my life. "NO, you can't have them for your Gameboy! I need them for Crochetville!" :lol

Tina

Soul2heart did you get any batteries yet? Every time I buy batteries I guard them with my life. "NO, you can't have them for your Gameboy! I need them for Crochetville!" :lol

Tina

Their rechargables, so i have to wait 24 hrs til i can take any pictures :eek I'm gonna try to hunt regular batteries down, but i'm not promising anything. As soon as that little green light turns on, the pics will be taken & posted. :hook

Theresa I can't wait to see yours in the Suede (I love that yarn!) (Was it my ruffle you used? I did a 'tutorial' on the first or second page..) It does take longer, but I like the way it looks better. :) (Especially if you chained an extra 10 stitches! :lol )

Tina

:clapYes, Tina it was you that posted that tutorial! Thanks...I love the way it looks. I am doing the ruffle just as you posted it. I really like working with the suede too, it's a little bit hard if you have to frog it, but other than that it's wonderful! As I crochet my bag I keep thinking how nice a sweater or an afghan would turn out using it....so soft! The price might make me think twice though.....but a girl can dream! LOL And in looking back at all the posts....I guess my bag isn't going to be that much bigger than the original...it must just look bigger to me than the pictures I've seen posted. Hopefully I will get it done by the weekend and be able to post pics then! Again, thanks for the ruffle pattern...I love it!:cheer:hug

Okay here are my pics! :cheer

I made the bag smaller, so it's really just clutch size, it fits right under your arm. I used a F hook, and only did 44 rows (instead of 58) on the body. I used two different color ribbons for the handle, it's a green w/ the same pink ribbon used on the bag. It closes w/ some pink velcro.

The Purse:

fendibag.jpg

The inside:

fendibag1.jpg

What do you's all think of it? :D

Archived