Hello everyone..

Guest emilyxmd

Guest emilyxmd

Hi there! I'm new as of a few minutes ago. My name is Emily. I live in Sturgis, SD and work full time at a security company (not patrolling security, we install and monitor security systems). I have a 3 year old daughter and have been married a little over three years. I just started crocheting about a month ago and have finished three scarves in that time. I am such a novice I am scared to branch out into other things. I want to make a hat to match my scarf and an afghan but am scared of failure so I haven't tried yet. I really only know your basic basic stitches too, so I am hoping to add new ones to that this next week as well as learning granny squares. My mom taught me in about 5 minutes a month ago, so I have some expansion to do yet. My job allows me to do a lot of crocheting at work, so that is exciting for me! I'm off to read interesting things and hopefully pick up some new projects to do! :w-grin

:welcome Emily - You are going to :)h it here. This community has got to be the best :grouphug - I too had little experience when I came to this board just in November, but they encourage you to try new things and if you have a question just ask, someone will have a answer for you. You might try joining one of the crochet a longs (cal).

Michelle:wink

:welcome Emily!

Don't be afraid of failure... my goodness, if we were all afraid of failure no one would ever design or make anything! You just have to jump right in =) If you start feeling like you're :help just go to the Help section and ask =) Someone will be happy to help you out!

I was pretty hesitant at first too, but the wonderful ladies here have helped me SO much and I've made things in the last few months I never thought I'd have the skill for!

Glad to meet you =)

Marvie

Archived