Hat-a-Week

Croshay

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked that pattern, might make one too for the granddaughter:cheer

I started making this hat while I finish the last words to my NaNoWriMo effort for 2006 (only 6k to go).

I know that the person who has that blog posts here so thanks for the pattern.

I'm at round 6, taking a break to write a little before I do a few more rounds.

Hey all. I've been watching your thread for quite a while(since it's started), and decided I wanna contribute( and get a pattern review. Hmm, ulterior motives.). Anyways. I wrote down a beanie pattern a year or so ago, and finnally got it up here, and was wondering if some of you ladies would wanna try it and tell me how you like it. I put it up in original patterns, but didn't get a whole lot of hits. Maybe I should make more flashy titles (any ideas?). Anyways. I'll post it below:

Materials: G crochet hook if you crochet loose, H crochet hook if you crochet tight, and worsted weight yarn. (Red Heart grey heather is a really popular color for alot of people all ages in this area. Looks real good made up with this beanie pattern.)

Gauge: First two rnds of hat, 2 inches, from edge to edge.

Ch4 and join with sl st to form ring, ch 1.

Rnd 1: 11 half double in ring, sl st to first hdc, ch 1.

Rnd 2: 2 hdc in next hdc, and in each st around, sl st in first hdc, ch 1.(22 sts)

Rnd 3: 2 hdc in next hdc, (hdc in next hdc, 2 hdc in next) repeat around, sl st to first hdc, ch 1. (33 sts.)

Rnd 4: 2 hdc in next hdc, (hdc in next 2 hdc, 2 hdc in next hdc) repeat around, sl st to first hdc, ch 1. (44 sts.)

Rnd 5: 2 hdc in next hdc, (hdc in next 3 hdc, 2 hdc in next hdc) repeat around,sl st to first hdc, ch 1. (55 sts).

Rnd 6: 2 hdc in next hdc, (hdc in next 4 hdc, 2 hdc in next hdc) repeat around, sl st to first hdc, ch 1. (66 sts).

Rnd 7-17: (or till desired length)-hdc in every hdc around, sl st to first hdc, ch 1. (66 sts).

Fasten off and weave in ends.

I chain one after sl stitching to first hdc because it gives a seam that is hard to see, and is straight, not a spiral thing. At least it looks that way to me.

I would appreciate it if you would just use this for gifts, charity, or personal use only. Thank You!!

Julee

God Bless!!!

Cowgirl Up!!!

So what's everybody doing with all the hats you've been making this year? I'm going to donate mine to charity. Last year I donated a whole bunch to a nearby church and never heard back from them, so I was disappointed. I'd like to at least know they were received and somebody can use them.

So what's everybody doing with all the hats you've been making this year? I'm going to donate mine to charity. Last year I donated a whole bunch to a nearby church and never heard back from them, so I was disappointed. I'd like to at least know they were received and somebody can use them.

I am going to donate, gift and use mine. I like giving!

Julee, I am making your pattern this very minute in a very pretty peach. It is a quick pattern to work. Thanks

The ripple is going to be next with the peach, pink and some white I think.

Darski, the ripple hat comes out pretty small. You'll probably want to add some more rounds to the crown and/or use a larger hook. I guess with mine I'll finish it as is and see if it'll fit my granddaughter. I cut the yarn as I added more colors so I don't want to frog it. Check out this hat pattern that I found last night:

http://www.crochetpartners.org/PatternLibrary/CPpat154.html

I'm going to start this one today. I love looking for hats and purses!

Oh that one is so cute, just right for little granddaughters:manyheart

Darski, the ripple hat comes out pretty small. You'll probably want to add some more rounds to the crown and/or use a larger hook. I guess with mine I'll finish it as is and see if it'll fit my granddaughter. I cut the yarn as I added more colors so I don't want to frog it. Check out this hat pattern that I found last night:

http://www.crochetpartners.org/PatternLibrary/CPpat154.html

I'm going to start this one today. I love looking for hats and purses!

I found a neat ripple hat pattern:

http://www.crochetpartners.org/PatternLibrary/CPpat250.html

I'm doing one in green, white and blue. It's a very fast pattern to make.

I love ripple hats and looked to prepare to make it but I was too late: That's my pattern. Perhaps I should put a gauge on it.

Just looked again. I did put a gauge. Oh well.

Melissa, it's my fault. I didn't even think to check the guage and I always seem to have to use a hook that is two sizes larger than whatever the creator said to use. My stitches don't seem tight to me but they must be different than what most other people do. I've been crocheting for over 35 years so I don't know why that is. I love your pattern and am going to start another hat for myself with it. Thankyou for sharing that lovely pattern with us. I love ripples.

Melissa, it's my fault. I didn't even think to check the guage and I always seem to have to use a hook that is two sizes larger than whatever the creator said to use. My stitches don't seem tight to me but they must be different than what most other people do. I've been crocheting for over 35 years so I don't know why that is. I love your pattern and am going to start another hat for myself with it. Thankyou for sharing that lovely pattern with us. I love ripples.

No worries.:) Would love to see a picture when you're finished.

Archived