Hat-a-Week

Croshay

I am just getting into the premie stuff. I am thinking I should go and talk to the hospital to see if they want this stuff. It would be so neat to toss off half a dozen hats in an evening - I could do that for premies easily.
I takes me no more than 30 minutes to make one.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, how about we make the Hello Kitty hat that Nikki created! http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33323

Tina

I absolutely agree with this one.

There has to be some unsuspecting young victim... person out there that can be gifted with this.

People run when they see me coming with hats in hand...have never figured that out...

I absolutely agree with this one.

There has to be some unsuspecting young victim... person out there that can be gifted with this.

People run when they see me coming with hats in hand...have never figured that out...

shoot. I know an adult that would absolutely love this if it's big enough. Perhaps a different size hook. She would never wear it but the fact that I made it for her would tickle her silly. In fact, she would by a head manequin just to display it.

I think it is on the list.
Can't find it.
Kind of reminds me of the knitted "Panta" from Crafster. Looks good.

I will get to that one but I need a different green than shown

I'm gonna use a suede yarn. The texture of the yarn will compliment the pattern.

Suggestion for Week 37 posted (on first page)

I've almost made this one.. but decided I didn't like the cuff or edging, so am trying to figure something different.

Maybe will have picture to share later.. after I work out some kinks in this improvised edging.

Keep on :hooking

I had started this before when the option to join was posted, but didn't know how to go about sharing since I hadn't seen any posted. Should we post our pictures in blogs marked? I have yet to find out how to post a picture here, lol. And with my blog I could have it marked for example "hat-a-week #1" then have the picture and I can also announce it in a post thru here to let others know my project is done. Does this sound like an ok idea? Seems like it may work out good for me.

Week #38 posted (link on the first page also) Bumbles bouncy hat.

http://bumbles102774.tripod.com/id11.html

This one is a bit different.. as it uses the Tunisian or Afghan stitch.

Enjoy!!

If you don't know how to do the Tunisian stitch.. CrochetKim will be having a workshop in early october. Free and all you have to do is bring yourself, your computer, hook & yarn.

Here's the link to the thread about it.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33820&highlight=Tunisian

This one is a bit different.. as it uses the Tunisian or Afghan stitch.

I'm gonna try this even though I've never done Tunisian. I'm not going to use bucle, however. I'm not going to try something new with THAT yarn.

Thanks Lisa for keeping up with the weekly patterns. When I find some, I'll send them on to you.

True, Boucle is a challenge all on it's own.

Kim doesn't recommend learning with Boucle anyhow.

Since I think all this hat uses is the TSS (tunisian simple stitch) it really shouldn't be too difficult.

How did it get to be week 39 already?

I posted a favorite of mine this week. It's easy, warm and looks good. I like to make these in school colors.. Kids love em.

Link is on the 2nd post of this thread.. but I'll put it here too.

http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/rrbrimh.html

I have some ideas for the next couple 3 weeks, but if anyone has a pattern they'd really like to see posted.. please PM me. I keep my box fairly empty most of the time.. emails are ok too.

back to work.. *ugh*

OK, I'm lost already. So far, I've basically done very basic stitches like sc, hdc, dc, tc. I've mostly just done very simple repeat stitch baby blankets - nothing fancy at all. I've never done any kind of round stitches or joining or anything. So I look at the "Basic hat pattern" that's in the first reply in this thread.

Directions are:

Ÿ Chain 3. Join with slip stitch to form ring. (OK, I can do that) Ÿ Round 1: 6 sc in ring. (Help, I'm lost! - do I do two sc in each previous sc? But it says later here "to join round" - aren't I already joined? I'm so lost. Maybe I need something more basic than a "basic hat pattern" to start with?? Sad, I know) Slip stitch into first sc to join round; chain 1, turn.

Are hats too complicated for me to start with? They don't look too hard but maybe I'm wrong.

Any help is appreciated! My Yahoo id is bieberl if anyone wants to message me. Thanks!

Archived