Hat-a-Week

Croshay

amalpert, when you joined the three stitches into a circle you formed a ring. You are going to sc around the chains that you made, put your hook into the centre of the ring - ignore the individual stitches and look only at the hole that is there. put six sc into that centre hole.

when you make your last sc into the ring, you will join the sc's from this round by making a slst into the first sc you made.

You will have to join the stitches from every round this same way. (usually - I don't have the pattern to look at but it is usual for hats)

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much Darski! I kept trying and trying to do a few chains and sl st them together and I could NOT see a hole in the middle. I finally dug out an old crochet book that I didn't know I had and it had step by step pictures. I wasn't turning that chain into a circle first and doing a sl st - I was just doing it from that last chain and it was all screwed up. LOL Anyway, once I figured THAT out, the rest was really easy. See what I did yesterday.....

hat.JPG

I'm so proud of myself!! And sweet DH will have something to cover his poor freezing bald head during hunting season. ROFL

On my next one, how do I make the top not quite so pointy? It started with ch3 - would a bigger starting chain help it lay down better? Or maybe it was just the pattern I used.

Thanks again! On to the next one!

Laurie

I am so proud of you. I do think a larger starting chain - just going to ch 4 would probably faltten that peak. It may also be how the next row increases.

Anyway, that is a great hat and now that you have done that much the others will be easy. Anything more/different is just detail, you've got the understanding now. Great job!!!! I love that you kept at it! :hook:D

I also love that colour,

I got a hat made today. It was the cranium hat from crochetme. I think I posted the link another day. But here it is again: http://www.crochetme.com/cranium I made it with lion suede. It's a little big but I like it. With my new "vogue" glasses, it looks really hip on me. But...it's going to look really hip on someone in South Dakota cause eventually I'll be sending it on to Pine Ridge.

6 more hats and I'll be caught up!!!

I dont think I'll be making this (I'm not a fun-fur fan) but here's a felted hat pattern that some others might like.

Has australian and american instructions..yah!!

http://www.jennykingdesigns.com/freepatterns.htm

except for the furry stuff.. it's cute!

Even though I'm sure Hyacinth would want this hat :D I won't be making it - I don't have access to a real washing machine - I live in a building with laundry facilities...'nough said.

i have to admit that fake fur works out better than I would have thought.

I was reading somewhere (I think in a regular newspaper) about someones travels and they had gone to a market place and they were fascinated by these bags that ladies had knitted and then boiled to make them hard.

I thought...that sounds like felting...and why couldn't we boil our items instead of washing in a machine?

Just a thought for those without a washer..... You'd probably have to stand over it and beat it with a wooden spoon some while it boiled.. but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Koalagirl, you're the second person to suggest this hat.. so up it goes on the list.

I apologize for missing the post last friday.. no good excuse, I just plain forgot. I've gotten so involved with listing stuff on eBay recently (nothing for crochet.. yet).

I'll try to be more on the ball this friday.

Keep those suggestions coming, I'll use them up as I can. I keep my PM box open (which I'm more likely to see as the notification goes to my email).

Well, once again, I missed a friday. At least I'm consistent.. I've posted the last two mondays. :)

http://home.att.net/~susanBinKC/patterns/ribcap.html

is the suggested pattern for this week.

Myself, I'm still doing caps for the capital hats. (see week 30)

Off to take eBay sold item to postoffice...then to Wallys to buy red & black thread.. I have orders for HackySacks.

I've stopped making hats for a while. I'm quite tired of it. Just to get a quick project in between larger ones, I may work on a few hats once in a while.

I will post links whenever I see a good pattern. I'm subscribed to this forum,too, if I see an interesting pattern, I will attempt it.

Until then, I'm resting......

custom beret

http://www.crochetpartners.org/PatternLibrary/CPpat72.html

Went to Marching Band contest this weekend. It was fun! And our Band made a 1 (the best you can make). Woohoo!! Only one problem, I forgot to take my crochet with me. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Wenatchee hat by Yarncat is our honored hat of the week. (link is on post #2)

I want to make one with smileyface beads around the edge.. lol...

Archived