Hat-a-Week

Croshay

Okay, I did a hat. Its not an assigned hat but its a hat...and it counts. (man, I am so far behind.) I thought I was catching up and then so many things came up...where on earth does the time go???

Here is my latest design. I am calling it Simply Boy~ A Rolled Brim Hat

SimplyBoyRolledBrimHatresized.jpg

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was cleaning out a corner in my house (you can probably guess I'm a "messy") and I found this hat. I had forgotten I had made it but now remember making it. (any other right brained people know what I just said?) Here's week 14:

haw14.jpg

I may make another one of these. It's a great scrap buster.

I just posted week 33, a bit early I know, but will probably be out of town for the weekend so wanted to get it done.

If anyone has ideas (free online patterns) for the next few weeks, please PM me and I'll post them as suggestions. I've just been crawling the web and posting hats that looked interesting to me.

I'm thinking that it would be fun to have a "santa" or "stocking" type cap posted before the holidays sneak up on us. I know there's a child's size somewhere.. but not sure if there's a pattern for adults.

ttfn

I would really like to get into this CAL and yes I know that it has been around a while but I just made a hat and a half waiting for and riding the bus home and I was thinking of this cal all the way

I will start somewhere and let you know how it goes - love the recommendaitons so far. I still need a cable to be camera ready though.

I would really like to get into this CAL and yes I know that it has been around a while but I just made a hat and a half waiting for and riding the bus home and I was thinking of this cal all the way

I will start somewhere and let you know how it goes - love the recommendaitons so far. I still need a cable to be camera ready though.

Welcome! Glad to have you.

I'm thinking that it would be fun to have a "santa" or "stocking" type cap posted before the holidays sneak up on us. I know there's a child's size somewhere.. but not sure if there's a pattern for adults.

Santa Hat For Him:http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/33.html

Santa Hat For Her: http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/32.html

It seems like there is one at the Lion Brand website.....

Tina

Addison is finished and totally wow! I am half way through my mitred hat now but I am doing it in one colour - what a wuss eh?

I love this CAL - it just gives my hat making such focus.

I'm just wondering what Hat #12 is supposed to look like? I can't find the pattern at the site but if I get a 'general idea' I could probably make one.

Anyone remember what this looked like when it was home?

I'm just wondering what Hat #12 is supposed to look like? I can't find the pattern at the site but if I get a 'general idea' I could probably make one.

Anyone remember what this looked like when it was home?

Purple Kitty has a picture of them.

http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/Crochet-Hat-Patternca.html

Hope this helps.

I can't edit Croshays post.. but will try to put it up on mine as an alternate link for #12

I am interested too as well. Just hope that no one minds if I were to fall behind, work is keeping me a bit busy along with the kids and hubby. But I would like to try out more patterns. Tired of freezing my head at the busy stop every year, lol. How should I got about sharing my work? Please forgive me I'm new to this and this site, lol.

Mandilyn

Hi Mandilyn,

Come on in, we're flexible. No worries about whether or not you can keep up or catch up.. only if that appeals to you!!

I lost count of where I am, I do make a hat now and then, but have given up keeping to the list (altho I'm keeping the list for those who like a suggested pattern.. lol.. paradox no?)

As to posting pictures, you'll find alot of information at the Townhall section.. or follow this link:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Hope this helps.

okeee-dokeee...I'm going to go for week 1's hat, lol. Not sure if it's too soon or too late, but I'm going to look for the yarn tomorrow, lol.

whoa...concept man!!! I always think of hats as stash busters - walk over to the pile and see what I'd like to use for a hat. Imagine shopping for hat yarn - I like that idea and I'll have to try it for a couple of those cuties I saw.

I guess I should be grateful that my hats always fit somebody since I rarely think about gauge. my bad:blush

I was thinking that the purple one could be fun to knit/create. I think some kids I know would love that.

Trouble is the braiding - my hands aren't so happy with that anymore...sigh

Archived