Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Danielle..I hope your boy gets better soon...My grandson always gets those and believe me they are no fun.

Cheryl...That is so nice....it looks really cheery...I also did all those s/c in hdc when I read it on a post here. keep it up.:hook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Gang! :waving:ccompute

:dance I am happy to report that I actually got up to row 12 last night. Only had an hour and it was interrupted about a million times but it was nice while it lasted! I probably should have worked on the shrugs but I just couldn't resist the call of the Alpaca! :llama It's coming out really pretty but very slowly...

Cristin... I hope you head held together long enough to get your yarn!:sick

Danielle... believe me, I totally understand! Hang in there. You'll get some time soon... you and I can lag together! :juggle

Olga... I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you. Your ghan is turning out so pretty! :yay

Mad (hee hee) Hi! :neener

Cheryl... those colors are so bright and cheery! That is really going to be a lovely ghan. Perfect for snuggling under when you are sick and need to be cheered up!:2magic

Julie... you better make something for yourself, you silly woman! :box

Y'all have a great day!

:hook Mare

Cristin -

You ran out of yarn THAT close to the end ? I bet that made you madder than a wet hen ! :hen

Hope you feel well enough today to get the last of your yarn and finish it up. I know what you mean when you get that close to the end of a project . I always get like that . I get very antsy to get it done . I guess it's because I start seeing other projects in my head that I want to do next !

Actually, it was kind of a relief..:lol..I didn't feel well and I was almost on auto-pilot trying to finish it -- eyes glazed over, head throbbing but HAD to finish it....and my *fingers* started to HURT from holding my hook.....:eek

I get very antsy! It actually shocked me how antsy I got....so I just started my new project...

I'll take pics to share as soon as I finish. :D

Here's my afghan to date - I think I am on row 39 or so - can't remember. I did switch to hdc instead of sc and it makes it go faster for sure.

-------------

Wow, that is incredibly beautiful!! I absolutely love those colors!

Renee

Nothing wrong with that !

I don't think I've ever made anything for myself and ended up keeping it. I usually start out thinking I'm gonna keep it, then think of someone else that needs it or wants it, so I give it away !

I think maybe one of these days I'll keep something for myself !

-----------------

I agree! We put in so much work on our projects, sometime we should treat ourselves. I love the work I do for PL, but I did once make an afghan, and I loved the colors and yarn so much, I admit, I ended up keeping it. The only thing in 5.5 years that I've kept. Maybe one of these days I'll actually make something for myself. But every time I say that, I think about the children who are served by PL and I end up making something for them. It's more close to home for me now, because last year one of my brothers died in a car accident, and PL gave his children blankets, so I know more firsthand the value of that work.

But still, it would be kind of nice to have something for myself. I did make a little blanket for one of my kitties (she's 18 1/2 and arthritic, so it helps her feel better).

Renee

Renee, I feel for you. I truly do. I lost one of my brothers July 10, 2003. It does get a bit easier as time goes on. But, I still really lose it sometimes and I think of him all the time. I really miss him.

Big hugs to you :hug

MARE - WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE IT BIGGER LAST NIGHT ? Only row 12 ? Why not row 72 ?????

Hee hee I was wondering if you'd see that.

I would have LOVED to keep going but it seems that lately, hubby gets jealous of my crochet so when I finally have a minute to sit and stitch, he wants to go in the spa or get on the computer together or???? Oh well. I do love him dearly!

Renee, I feel for you. I truly do. I lost one of my brothers July 10, 2003. It does get a bit easier as time goes on. But, I still really lose it sometimes and I think of him all the time. I really miss him.

Big hugs to you :hug

---------

Thanks, Nancy! I have to say, it's been a bit surreal. The same day my brother died, a good friend who was 9 months pregnant lost her baby, and my niece went into labor. It was both horrible and wonderful.

The one blessing that came out of this: my brother and I hadn't been in touch for years, and I didn't really know his children. But now I've been able to develop a relationship with them, and I just adore them (they're 16 and 15).

Renee

---------

Thanks, Nancy! I have to say, it's been a bit surreal. The same day my brother died, a good friend who was 9 months pregnant lost her baby, and my niece went into labor. It was both horrible and wonderful.

The one blessing that came out of this: my brother and I hadn't been in touch for years, and I didn't really know his children. But now I've been able to develop a relationship with them, and I just adore them (they're 16 and 15).

Renee

That is wonderful that you're closer now with his children. My favorite aunt passed away literally 2 weeks before my brother. That was such a blow.

My brother's oldest son just had twin girls 5 days ago. I just can't help but thinking how much Wade would have loved to hold them and spoil them rotten.

If you ever want to chat, please feel free to email me!

:hug

Cheryl, that looks amazing!!! Are you using Caron SS Brites, or something else? I'd love to know how many skeins you end up using!!! :hook It's positively GLOWING!

I'll definitely look for my testers here :) Thanks, ladies! :hug

Yep it's Caron SS Brites. It's so soft (hence the name I suppose) and I love it!

Hey gang, it's Saturday.:D Even though it's still early here on the east coast, time is going fast.

I've been doing some work on the suede afghan. I don't like how it's turning out, it's really stretching:think I frogged a few rows and will try again.

Madelyn

Good morning Madelyn.....:eek Oh no....I'm terrified of that word"FROGGING".:hook I'm sorry you have to do that ...and believe me I know about frogging..

Hey gang, it's Saturday.:D Even though it's still early here on the east coast, time is going fast.

I've been doing some work on the suede afghan. I don't like how it's turning out, it's really stretching:think I frogged a few rows and will try again.

Madelyn

Hey ladies! Can I ask for prayers from the praying women here? When I fell down our stairs about 5 months ago, I messed up my foot and ankle. Didn't think of anything else. Well, when I started walking and biking about 4 weeks ago, my low back started really hurting. I had x-rays done yesterday and found out that my low spine is really screwed up. I had a treament yesterday and I am in big time pain. Came down to email and let everyone know I'm not allowed to sit (or am I able to comfortably) at my puter.

I guess I'll be getting my afghan finished sooner than I thought! hahaha

Hugs all and I'll check back when I can.:manyheart

Dear Nancy

I'm very sorry to hear of your health problems . If you have a laptop computer, maybe you could rig it up to use in bed or on the couch, wherever they have you staying .

I hope you are soon on your feet again and feeling up to par . We will all be thinking of you and hope you'll be able to check in occasionally . We would definitely miss you if you couldn't check in once in awhile ~~~

Take good care of yourself .:)

Archived