Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

( If you're a singer, you can sing this along with the music from the Willie Nelson song --- To All the Girls I've Loved Before ---- )

To all the yarn I've loved before

That's traveled in and out my door

I'm glad you came along , I dedicate this song

To all the yarn I've loved before .....

Your colors make my heart so glad

( I know this song is REALLY bad )

You turned into some beautiful things

Such joy in people's lives you bring !

You've made people's heads look in style

Even though it took me awhile ....

You've kept other's hands warm

Who had to go out in a storm

You've turned into a work of art ,

with just a little start

You've been afghans frilly and lacey

For newborn babies

You've been afghans thick and warm

For those of us a little more worn .

So this little ditty is dedicated to you

For all the joy that you do ~~~~

( Sorry this one is stupid ,folks... I think my brain has dried up for today. Better luck tomorrow . ):D

lol!! You and I call it dedication, some might call it obsession! lol

It's getting pretty big now, but luckily I only had to bring two skeins of yarn along with it.

I really, really, really want to finish this one up this weekend!!!!!

I used to have a list of WIM's on my desk -- but I had to "hide" it so I wouldn't be daydreaming all day about it! Seriously, I'm so much more productive at work without that list staring at me! lol

:laughroll:yay:rofl:lol:bounce Thanks tons, Julie... now that song will be stuck in my head all day!!! Too funny!

Howdy, everyone! I am happy to report that I actually got mine started. I will post some pics either tonight or tomorrow. I have found they come out better in natural light so will pull the cam out when I get home from work today. I got the first 8 rows done before I finally had to hit the sack at (early) 9:30. :sleep I was so worn out!

I have to tell you, this alpaca yarn is just awesome. It's really fine, like sock weight, so my ghan will be smaller, but working with it is a dream:c9 . The stitch definition is awesome. It is so freaking soft and feels like a :fluffy !

My friend that I am making it for brought over one of her couch pillows so we could decide on the final colors. I'm going with the wine, butter yellow, grapevine green, chocolate brown, taupe, hunter green and cream. Can't wait to show you!

Oh well, enough of my :blah :blah :blah Have an awesome day!

Oh, and Madelyn, I went to your blog and your ghans look GREAT!

Great job, Mare !

Your colors sound so pretty !

How's come every time I hear of what colors other people pick for afghans,I need to go get me some of them colors, because they all sound so pretty together ?

That's one of the reasons these c-alongs are fun. It's neat to see so many people use the same exact pattern, but each person has a different take on what they want the finished afghan to look like ! And there are hardly ever 2 just the same !

Cannot wait to see some photos of this and also of your 35 granny .

We'll all BOTL ( Be on the Lookout ) for photos from Mare !

Hi Ladies!

Quilty, I hope you realize that the majority of us are living vicariously through you with your alpaca stash- I'm drooling here! You will have to post pics often so we can see it, even if we can't touch it! :c9 Your colors sound gorgeous.

I'm up to row 42 (large shells), and its a bit ruffly. It started going crooked a bit during the small shells, but it's straighter but rufflier now.:irk I think its because of the weight of my yarns not being just the same, and if that is it, it should work itself out to a happy medium. :shrug I don't have any large sections of my heaviest yarn to do, so I'm just riding along in De Nile.

I tell you though, this is so much prettier than I had hoped. I think I'm going to ask for a quilt rack to display it, since most guests don't ever see my bedroom. It goes in my livingroom just as well as my bedroom. Hmmm... Now I just have to plan a bedspread! :idea Rats!

Thanks Mare. Can't wait to see yours.

Julie B, some rows do seem to ruffle a bit, but it will turn out okay.

Julie, you should of made that bet I'm on row 76 of the purple/violet. I just decided to get this one out of the way then pick up again on the suede one.

Madelyn

YEAH, YEAH

My Pattern came today

This weekend I take son (and maybe hubby) to movies to see "the end of the spear" and buy yarn. :clap:jumpyay:woo

Maybe i'll just drop them at the movie and then i can shop for 2 hours w/o interruption. :lol

YEAH, YEAH

My Pattern came today

This weekend I take son (and maybe hubby) to movies to see "the end of the spear" and buy yarn. :clap:jumpyay:woo

Maybe i'll just drop them at the movie and then i can shop for 2 hours w/o interruption. :lol

Excellent Lisa. I guess you are anxious to get started. Good idea to ditch the guys to yarn shop. :devil Happy shopping!!

Madelyn

Good job, Crystal - We'll be waiting to see photos !

Madelyn - Keep at it, you're gonna cross the finish line right away !

Lisa- Glad you got your pattern. I'd go yarn shopping alone, that way you won't feel rushed !

Julie B - You sound SO upset that you have to make a matching bedspread --- you poor thing ! :lol

Here's my update as of yesterday....

th_1-28-06002.jpg

You can see I have one more side of row 46 or 47 to do, then I'm on to the next row. Going to get as much done this weekend as I can. It will probably be more likely tomorrow, but I will get some in today.

:hook

:angry There...once again I frogged the whole thing and i'm gonna start from blank again.I can't figure out why is it that it keeps going off to one side and twisting...:shrug,but I will not give up.. :2nono I'm gonna fight it to the end.:boxlol

Very pretty, Nancy !

What is the bright variegated color called ?

It is TLC yarn called JEWEL. Someone I know had gotten it to crochet an afghan with and then found that she couldn't crochet. She was a beginner and didn't have the patience, so she sent a box full to me. SCORE! haha

Archived