New Crochetalong ~~~~

JulieKay

Which Afghan do you want to make ?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Afghan do you want to make ?

• Scripture Afghan
    • Lace and Bobbles Giant Granny
    • Sampler Stripes

Not to jump the gun here, but so far, this one is winning the survey ! I certainly won't make any predictions yet as to which one will win. There's still time to vote and one of the others could still pull out ahead ~

For those of you newer to crochet, don't be worried, we will help you out along the way with any problems you might have .This is a great group of people here who are always willing to jump in and help somone out !

The name of the booklet that this is in is Scrap Yarn Afghans book 2, by Leisure Arts .

For those of you searching for it, email me.

jlabo@neo.rr.com

I will hook you up with the lady I get all my pattern booklets from. She is great ! You can order online, she has speedy service and very nice ~

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gaynell,

What a nice comment you made about our crochetalongs. I'm glad you decided to join up , and yes, we DO have a blast. There are an awful lot of nice people in this group .

We'll be more than happy to help you out, so get that hook out and some yarn -- you have officially joined your first crochetalong and will have a beautiful afghan to show for it !:)

hmmm I cant find it on the lesuire arts site. I'm gonna check AC Moore (my mom works there so I get a discount) and if I cant find it there I will email you. Sorry I see you posted the name before I posted woops.

Oh dear, Julie! You know how I feel about bobbles!! Personally, I like the striped one but hate fringe!! Not that I'm picky or anything. ;) I'll have to think about this one.

There's always granny's flowers that I'm almost ready start. :)

Hi Sue -- My Old Pal !!!

Yes, I know how you feel bout bobbles, they can be a Royal Pain , but from my glancing through the pattern , I really don't think it has TONS of bobbles . I haven't read through it step by step, but I only saw one short section with bobbles. There seem to be 7 or 8 different stitches going on and the bobbles aren't very frequent, just a row here or there .

Do whatever you think is best --- we'd love to have you in the gang with us, but if you'd rather pass on this one, go ahead ~~~

( It won't be as much fun without you, though ) :cry

TRYING TO LAY A BIG GUILT TRIP ON YOU

Joking --- no hard feelings either way !:D

It looks like my fave "Stripes" is losing by a landslide... I am unsure of the bobbles... I really had all my bouchle yarn in mind for the striped one... Will have to wait and see how this plays out...

Hi Donna-

Yea, that's gonna be the hard part that the ones that didn't vote for the winner have to decide whether to join in anyhow !

I sure hope you decide to join us one way or another . We have enjoyed all your input in the other group and will miss you if you're not here !

You have been a real go-getter and very dedicated to finishing and a great poster.

Those 3 things make you the perfect crochetalong-er ~~~:manyheart

I have both of these books and crocheted the first two patterns. The second one I actually did with a Crochet class, but unlike my class I did the project with a size 7 steel hook and size 10 crochet cotton in red, white and blue. Just an idea for those who are interested but don't want to make an afghan. If you'd like the finished dimensions send me a message. :hook

Ohhh..Im so excited,my sister had that book and shipped off to me this morning,should be here in time,i hope :hook

I dont like doing bobbles either but its so worth it in the long run becouse they are so pretty.Ive been crocheting for 30 years and i avoid them when i can but every once in awhile i come across a pattern that is worth it,ofcoure my dear hubby says we allways have to buy new hooks after becouse i lose them all when they fly across the room

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I am very much looking forward to this,never crocheted with others before.

Well get ready to enjoy shaylen....I've done 2 crochet alongs so far and it is fun...especially when your finally done and you get to post a pic of your work....and see the rest....its gonna be fun ....welcome

:hook

Hey ..your kinda scarin me with the bobble thing....i've never made one so i'm gonna have to read the pattern and try one out and see what its all about ,, I just hope it's not too bad and that i can make it to the end.:lol

Oh dear, Julie! You know how I feel about bobbles!! Personally, I like the striped one but hate fringe!! Not that I'm picky or anything. ;) I'll have to think about this one.

There's always granny's flowers that I'm almost ready start. :)

Hi Shaylen

And Welcome ! Glad you'll be joining us . :)

Olga -

You've done bobbles before, don't you remember on a couple of the squares on the 63 ? They had bobbles , so you can do them !

Don't let a couple of little old bobbles scare you off ~~~~:eek

Count me in!!! :hook I am only about 10% done on the 63 Squares Afghan, but I figure, what the heck?! I voted for the Lace and Bobbles, but I have to be truthful... That is mostly because I actually have that pattern. If I already had the Stripes one I would be leaning towards that... but the Lace and Bobbles will make a VERY interesting conversation piece for my home! (Yep, making this for ME, not giving it away to ANYBODY! I gave away almost everything I crocheted last year! And fiance is fussin' about it. *sigh*) I can use my one skein a week for the 63 Squares and this CAL too! I am having a real blast with you ladies. Thanks for being such a warm group!:hug

Meg

Oh I did?:think:lol :lol Ok ...not scared no more......I didnt remember.:hook

Hi Shaylen

And Welcome ! Glad you'll be joining us . :)

Olga -

You've done bobbles before, don't you remember on a couple of the squares on the 63 ? They had bobbles , so you can do them !

Don't let a couple of little old bobbles scare you off ~~~~:eek

Howdy Meg !

You sound like me now-- Here I go again, getting too many IRONS IN THE FIRE -- that's what my mom always said . It's just too tempting though. You guys are all such a blast and now crocheting by myself isn't as fun !

And OLGA -- YOU ARE A HOOT ~~~~:lol

Well I voted for the scripture afghan simply because I already own the pattern book, have for a few years now and I really want to do it. I even bought some yarn for it... now I'm committed... for now. :hook

So if any of the other 7 who voted for it would like to start a crochet along, or even just compare notes on it, even though the bobbles & lace looks like it's going to win, let me know. :)

Hi Cindy -

Well, I've been kicking the idea around to try to do all 3 -- I hate to lose interested people if they want to do one of the losing ones ... I'm trying to figure out a way I can pull this off to do all 3 so everyone is happy !

I'll have to do some thinking on it and let you all know ~~~

Archived