New Crochetalong ~~~~

JulieKay

Which Afghan do you want to make ?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Afghan do you want to make ?

• Scripture Afghan
    • Lace and Bobbles Giant Granny
    • Sampler Stripes

Hi Everybody !

Well, there has been some interest in starting up a new crochetalong now that several of the ladies have finished the 63 squares and the 35 granny , or are soon to finish . I have the Grandmother's Flower Garden one going and it has a nice group of people . We would welcome anyone new that'd like to sign up though , as it is just getting into gear .

We have talked of several afghans that we'd like to do as a group , so I guess the fairest way to do this is to post a poll and take a vote, with majority winning .

Here are your choices :

Here are the photos, then explanations below :

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlabo1/album?.dir=5777&.src=ph

1- Scripture afghan is from LA 2770 .It is made up of 48 squares. There are 24 actual different patterns, using 2 of each for the afghan. It uses 53 oz of yarn .

2-This is from LA 2159 . It's called Lace and Bobbles and is one large granny square, changing stitches every couple of rows, so you actually have a sampler afghan done in a huge square when finished . It takes 49 oz ( I think is what I counted up ) and can use all scrap colors .

3- Is from the same booklet as the last one . It is the one pictured on the top left done in the striped pattern. It is called Sampler Stripes . It takes 66 oz of yarn. I have made one of these and it turns out to be a nice sized afghan, with lots of texture. It is also a sampler done all in one piece, changing patterns every few rows .

The poll will run from today Dec .27th to Dec 31st.

This Crochetalong will officially start Jan. 1st .

What better way to start the New Year ?

Hope to see lots of interest in this . We have sure had fun in our other Crochetalong groups !

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up - the lace and bobbles afghan is the "stitch sampler" afghan on p. 90 in the LA Afghans for All Seasons book - so if you have that book you don't need to get another pamphlet! :D

As to my vote - I finally figured out why I never really "did" the 63 squares - I could never get into it - I REALLY dislike making "side to side" (ie. squares not done in the round), lol! The Lace and Bobbles is definitely more up my alley. Plus I think it would be neat to have a non-pieced afghan crochetalong.

:hook

Oh! Oh! I have the book that has the Lace and Bobbles in it and have been admiring it! What a great excuse to make it and I have never done a crochetalong before. Although, I have to say the other patterns are pretty, too. I guess I will go along with whichever everyone decides!:D

oh man!! I REALLY like the Lace and Bobbles pattern -- I'm just afraid to take on another project right now. I REALLY like it! I love working on big squares -- my first two afghans for the house are simply big, huge granny squares made of the kids' school colors.

Faith, I dislike (or I should say FEAR since I've never done it...LOL) joining squares.

I'll keep thinking on this one.

I have that Lace and Bobbles pattern somewhere... it was one I always wanted to do back when I was a new crocheter. It seemed very daunting to me. I might have to give it a whirl.

Hee hee... I still haven't finished my 35 grannies but I want to keep up with y'all so I voted!

Wheeeeeeeeeeee - I'm feeling dizzy!

OOOOOOHHH mannn.....you really like to tempt people.....ok ...i'll go for (_ voted)the laces and bobble....now to go look for the pattern...I know I have it somewhere...:lol

OK! Found it and i'm ready to go!:hook Can I start? huh, can I , can I ???lol...I'm still working on the cross stitching part of my other one but I think I can go along with both . Well just wait and see.:hook

Now I got how to vote after I signed in....Count me in for the Lace and Bobbin afghan...My stash needs to be reduced and I could use a new spread for my bed...Great Idea Julie:cheer :manyheart

Hello Ladies !

Thanks to all of you that voted today ! What a nice sized group we're going to have !

Can't wait to see how the vote turns out -- we still have a few days of voting to go, so we'll see who the winner is .

I sure hope all of you that voted will join us , even if your pick doesn't win ! We will have a blast, you'll see .

And just maybe we'll slide your choice in when this one is done !

For any of you that haven't been in my group before, or haven't read any of our posts, just let me tell you that we're a pretty informal group .

I like for everyone to really commit to the project and work hard to finish it . I also LOVE a busy message board -- I like it if you post a lot, and feel free to post about other things once in awhile too if you want. We often get off topic, but it's usually just to goof around a little. We all know our main goal is to get the afghan finished, but there's nothing wrong with having a little fun at the same time.

I'm really looking forward to this . To working with some of my Old Pals from the other groups, and also to meeting some new ones !

Just a heads up - the lace and bobbles afghan is the "stitch sampler" afghan on p. 90 in the LA Afghans for All Seasons book - so if you have that book you don't need to get another pamphlet! :D

:hook

I was in Jo-Ann's today and I saw LA Afghans for All Seasons books 2, 3 and 4. I didn't see the lace and boobles in any of these. So I'm guessing it's in book 1. I didn't think I'd be so lucky to find it so fast.

Madelyn

JULIE KAY-I AM NEW TO THE FORUM, TO CROCHETING, AND EVEN NEW TO POSTING ON THE INTERNET. BUT I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR CALS FOR A WHILE NOW. YOU ALL SEEM TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN. IT WAS ONE OF THE REASONS I JOINED CROCHETVILLE. I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN IN ON THIS CAL. I LOVE THE LACE AND BOBBLE AFGAN BUT:think I FEEL THIS MAY BE MORE THAN I CAN HANDLE. SO FAR I HAVE STAYED CLEAR OF PATTERNS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE WORDS EASY OR SIMPLE IN THE TITLE:haha BUT I WILL BE WATCHING FOR PICTURES AND IF I CAN FIND THE PATTERN MAYBE I WILL JOIN LATER.

HAVE FUN- I WILL BE :clap:cheer YOU ON.

Archived