~2 more presents (afghans) marked off my list???? More to go

shella85222

I just wanted to share some of the items I have been working on as Christmas presents for family and friends. The first one is going to be my moms. Her home is in these colors so I created an afghan to kind of match. I hope she likes it?

121318937.jpg

121318941.jpg

The second one (Mr. Skull) Was made for a dear friend that is into the skull things.. :eek (I am not) he was teasing me a while back saying he didn’t think I could make one with a skull on it. Just to prove I could, I created a pattern to make Mr. Skull. So now he is getting Mr. Skull for Christmas. There is a funny story that goes along with this one. My DH had just fallen to sleep when I started working on the skull part. Well I couldn’t sleep so I stayed up late that night and when I got done I laid it over my chair in our bedroom. I guess after I went to sleep he had gotten up (bathroom call I guess?) and in the dark from across the room this skull looks pretty scary. I think it took him awhile to figure out what it was. To say the least it scared a few of us by not expecting to see a big face like that setting there.

121318934.jpg

121318938.jpg

Shella....you're quite talented. Both afghans look great :hook

I actually like the skull one - it's striking and not gruesome-looking (like a skull could be). Of course, if I had run into it in the middle of the night like your DH did :2eek

They are both great! Love the colors on that first one and hope none of the weirdos I know ever see the second one, or I'll be trying to figure out how ya did it! LOL

I know what you mean about the weirdos wanting one... I am not showing to many people around here.. It wasnt to easy to make, I made up the pattern as I went. I had to tear it out a few times before I got to this point.

They are both great! Love the colors on that first one and hope none of the weirdos I know ever see the second one, or I'll be trying to figure out how ya did it! LOL

:cheer:clap:cheer Great job on both of them. I cannot believe your talent, as you "made it up as you went along" on the skull! You are talented! Terrific job.

I love what you did with your squares. Did you make that up too? You should write up the pattern! It is lovely. I would try it! What stitch is that you put around the center "squares" of both of those?

Great job!

Archived