Half Granny Square Shawl

Lucki721

Man, this photobucket thing is quite difficult..lol! This is my 2nd attempt to post this photo...hope it works!

Here is a shawl I finally finished recently. It was for the crochet a long for the Little House on the Prairie, this pattern was really great! It's made with Lion Brand Microspun in Lilac, size I hook, 6 skeins. It took forever, I started it 2 months ago, lol! I am making another one in a different yarn and larger hook and it is going much faster, lol! Quite soft, just keeps slipping off my shoulders, lol!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/lucki721/103e388c.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/lucki721/9aa975de.jpg

Thank you all for the kind compliments!! :hug

It's semi-warm, lol! It's good for cool nights (like temps in the 50's), not so much for bitter cold like we get here in CT. Microspun is wonderful to work with, I didn't have much problem with the splitting of the yarn. I would say it's lightweight, I'm working on another one made with Bernat Satin, and it's a lot heavier, almost like a blanket weight. Please post your picture when it's done!!! What kind of pattern are you going to use? I did this pattern using the oz. method, and it used the 6 skeins, there was not enough leftover for a fringe. I'm not too big of a fan of fringe anyway, lol!

Thank you all for the kind compliments!! :hug

It's semi-warm, lol! It's good for cool nights (like temps in the 50's), not so much for bitter cold like we get here in CT. Microspun is wonderful to work with, I didn't have much problem with the splitting of the yarn. I would say it's lightweight, I'm working on another one made with Bernat Satin, and it's a lot heavier, almost like a blanket weight. Please post your picture when it's done!!! What kind of pattern are you going to use? I did this pattern using the oz. method, and it used the 6 skeins, there was not enough leftover for a fringe. I'm not too big of a fan of fringe anyway, lol!

Yes, I'm not a huge fan of fringe, either. I was thinking of using the pattern on Lion Brand's website. http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cms-rippleshawl.html

I have been wanting to try Bernat Satin so badly, but I can't find it in any stores around here. I keep hoping it will show up at Joann's, but so far, no luck.

Nicole

I found the Bernat Satin at AC Moore, it's more or less an east coast crafty store, I think. We don't have Hobby Lobby, and from reading here it must be a great store. I'd love to pick up some for you, I remember they have mostly pastel colors though. It's $1.99 a skein. However, I did go to knitting-warehouse.com, they sell it for $1.81 a skein and have a lot more colors than we have. They have fair shipping too, $5.99. Clickhere to check it out! I haven't ordered from them yet...maybe after the new year. :)

I found the Bernat Satin at AC Moore, it's more or less an east coast crafty store, I think. We don't have Hobby Lobby, and from reading here it must be a great store. I'd love to pick up some for you, I remember they have mostly pastel colors though. It's $1.99 a skein. However, I did go to knitting-warehouse.com, they sell it for $1.81 a skein and have a lot more colors than we have. They have fair shipping too, $5.99. Clickhere to check it out! I haven't ordered from them yet...maybe after the new year. :)

Hey, thanks for the tip about the Knitting Warehouse--I ordered from them last month and I got my order very quickly. I will have to remember to order the Bernat Satin from them.

Nicole

Thank you all for the compliments, it means a lot to me! I have another one almost finished and hope to have pics of that soon too, lol! I know the granny style stitch is very plain and easy, but it goes fast, and good for gift giving, hehe!

Archived