pattern tester needed for baby afghan

settler

new to designing but hope to do a lot more in future

i live in uk

i have redone pattern in american terms and will try found out what yarn is the same as here

if you can give a time scale as to how long it might take you that would be good:clap

I would be willing to test a pattern for you. I am currently making baby blankets and things for my baby due in January, so it would be part of my current project!

However, I have never tested for anyone before, and I am also fairly new to the site, so if you would prefer someone more experienced I understand, after all, it is your hard work. Perhaps you could think of me next time.:)

It is difficult to estimate a timescale without seeing the pattern, but I would say a weekend to a week.

Also, I have never done any cotton work, so if it is a cotton blanket you should probably use someone who is used to that.

Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be happy to test, if you need more people. I am a newbie to the group also...like someone above. If you're not comfortable with that...I understand. I just enjoy trying new things. I would say that a baby blanket I normally can do over a weekend.

Would love to test the pattern for you... but as I live in India..I will be using locally available yarn..will certainly try and work to the gauge by working on yarn substitutions. I'll understand if you would prefer someone who has access to the specified yarn

The time needed will definetly depend upon the pattern.

jaishree

• 4 months later...

I'd love to test this for you! I have a grandson due in the end of September and was in the process of looking for a different pattern to make for him! I'm self taught and at the intermediate stage of crochetter.....

Look forward to hearing from you!

Dawn

I would be willing to test your pattern. I've tested a few patterns for friends and have tried writing a few for myself. I've never done "official" pattern testing but would be happy to try. I have a grandbaby due in Oct and would love to try it.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up notice that settler hasn't visited Crochetville since February, so don't expect to hear from her. This is a very old thread.

Archived