2023 Gift Making and Charity Crochet/Knitting

judianne

On 2/4/2023 at 2:41 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Thank you Cindy. Feeling better just unbalanced. Have to move about slowly. 🙂

Did the hat fit?

Glad to hear you are doing better. I won't know about the hat until nearly the end of the month. That is my GD's birthday and I will be giving her the hat then.

35 minutes ago, Lacycrochet said:

Beautiful baby blanket, love that colour.

Thank you...person wanting the gift gave me the colors🙂

• Like 1

Loved reading and seeing all the new posts. Here is an auction bucket I just finished off today. It includes a recycled tote bag, potholder towel, heart cloth, oven mitt, scrubbie, wine, wooden spoons, chocolates, and candles. Hope it goes well for our local library's fundraiser.

987843553_AuctionBucket.thumb.JPG.d199a3d1f424209340908c11af8e66cd.JPG

Edited by RecycleCindy
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on cactus keyrings for my daughter. It kind of became a tradition that for her birthday she brings something other than sweets to treat her class and teachers. Last year those were crochet owls and crochet whales another year before. 

This year she asked for... penguins... But I suggested cacti and dhe approved. 

20230218_194708_0000.png

1_20230221_140815_0000.png

2_20230221_140815_0001.png

• Like 8

Popping in cause I wanted to share with Judianne some really cute simple stitch blanket patterns that she might want to make for babies.  I'll put the BagODay youtube videos in patterns.  I've started one called ocean stitch today.  Thinking this one will go to a baby girl coming in the near future.

My Bloom ghan is now a lapghan that will be donated to a local nursing home.  I've started on some more bloom inspired patterns that will probably turn into nursing home lapghans.  I'll be busy for a long while.

IMG_0804.JPG

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Popping in cause I wanted to share with Judianne some really cute simple stitch blanket patterns that she might want to make for babies.  I'll put the BagODay youtube videos in patterns.  I've started one called ocean stitch today.  Thinking this one will go to a baby girl coming in the near future.

My Bloom ghan is now a lapghan that will be donated to a local nursing home.  I've started on some more bloom inspired patterns that will probably turn into nursing home lapghans.  I'll be busy for a long while.

IMG_0804.JPG

Good charity choice, same one that I am doing this summer with my new charity group. If you add some figget mats and shoulder shrugs the LTC homes will appreciate it. They love the idea I proposed a few weeks ago, especially for the dementia patients.  Nice work BTW, very pretty.

Edited by Lacycrochet
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 10:43 AM, Apak said:

I'm working on cactus keyrings for my daughter. It kind of became a tradition that for her birthday she brings something other than sweets to treat her class and teachers. Last year those were crochet owls and crochet whales another year before. 

This year she asked for... penguins... But I suggested cacti and dhe approved. 

20230218_194708_0000.png

1_20230221_140815_0000.png

2_20230221_140815_0001.png

Everything is super cute and so colorful!

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 12:53 PM, NCcountrygal said:

IMG_0804.JPG

Your bloom ghan is gorgeous. It is sure to brighten someone's day who receives it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Finished my special project and it is posted in the Give-A-Way thread.  Check it out and let's have some fun later.

Oh and what a wonderful special project! It is going to be so special for the person who receives it. Congrats on #145!!

5 hours ago, YarnyBoy said:

I had fun making this hat and scarf combo. This is another piece for the charity drive I'm involved in.

Very nice and the colors are bright and cheery!

• Like 1

Still busy making the flower squares for my next lapghans.  Will use Christa's JAYG pattern/video.  Can make all the squares, arrange and then join.  Still in progress with BagODays stitch baby blanket I'm making, too.

Down because my Pitbull girl has recently been diagnosed with leukemia.  Also, learning about fermenting from Mary's Nest.  website and youtube.  Waiting for all my supplies...half gallon jars just arrived for the sauerkraut.  Making a batch of red and green.  Still need the spring water.

Have a great weekend, month...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Still busy making the flower squares for my next lapghans.  Will use Christa's JAYG pattern/video.  Can make all the squares, arrange and then join.  Still in progress with BagODays stitch baby blanket I'm making, too.

Down because my Pitbull girl has recently been diagnosed with leukemia.  Also, learning about fermenting from Mary's Nest.  website and youtube.  Waiting for all my supplies...half gallon jars just arrived for the sauerkraut.  Making a batch of red and green.  Still need the spring water.

Have a great weekend, month...

Sorry about your girl, it sucks when they get sick.

I bought glass weights off Amazon especially for making sauerkraut, they work great.  Nothing beats home made kraut.  My Oma use to say, you have to make it on a full moon or it will grow moldy. lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a new project to share. These pocket prayer squares will be given away to the Veterans groups and also for the Women's Care and Share Ministry that I just recently joined. They are super easy to make and I can make one in under 15 minutes. Poem used with permission too so you can copy it if you'd like. More details and pattern link found here.

1151388896_PinkBobblePocketCross.thumb.JPG.d0deb789dc4fbf3953e79057e2afc9d0.JPG

366508359_PocketCrosswithcard.thumb.JPG.05d97c8d4585175b01068b67d30ca668.JPG

• Like 4