2022 What's On Your Hook?

Currently, have 2 projects going.(diamond blanket and now on row 5 of top)  Hope your rash goes away.

update on top:  I hope 3rd time will be the charm.  Going to frog again on row 8 and the weight of this bamboo yarn it's way too big.  I got the gist of how this top works now.  It's a top down and I can actually start with her chain or some additional chains for the neck opening size I like but adhere to the formula.  lol  I should have watched all of her video before trying to guess what she meant.

Edited by NCcountrygal
update

On 4/7/2022 at 12:34 PM, NCcountrygal said:

Currently, have 2 projects going.(diamond blanket and now on row 5 of top)  Hope your rash goes away.

update on top:  I hope 3rd time will be the charm.  Going to frog again on row 8 and the weight of this bamboo yarn it's way too big.  I got the gist of how this top works now.  It's a top down and I can actually start with her chain or some additional chains for the neck opening size I like but adhere to the formula.  lol  I should have watched all of her video before trying to guess what she meant.

OMG- the 3rd time should be a charm! I've skipped parts of videos before and regretted later. Now I make sure to have patience. Some of them get so "wordy" though.

Oh after my last frog, I swore I was not going to do that again.  Afghan done and now back to doll cloths.

I found that Darski's patterns for the Dora doll fit the rag dolls.

Reni, I am afraid to look at my wips.  I have them stacked up in the corner. over my yarn.  Guess I thought it would give me incentive. NOT!

I love the doily, it is so pretty and I miss daffodils in the garden.  I miss any flower in the garden.  I found with flowers I get rabbits.  They love to eat them.  The final straw was when they ate my last star gazer lily, along with my very last rose. (sigh).

Everything everyone is doing sounds fun and interesting.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ReniC said:

OMG- the 3rd time should be a charm! I've skipped parts of videos before and regretted later. Now I make sure to have patience. Some of them get so "wordy" though.

Part of the problem is I've been dealing with alot of pain from increased (physical) activity.  So, my attention isn't 100%.  Still flaring SI pain and muscle spasms.  But, I did manage to get it restarted and have made it to row 6.  This pattern really requires watching the full video because the written pattern starts with errors and the early video confuses the sizing as well.  It helps to understand raglan topdown design..  Anyway, it's cute design and I think worth my endurance.  lol

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh after my last frog, I swore I was not going to do that again.  Afghan done and now back to doll cloths.

Reni, I am afraid to look at my wips.  I have them stacked up in the corner. over my yarn.  Guess I thought it would give me incentive. NOT!

I love the doily, it is so pretty and I miss daffodils in the garden.  I miss any flower in the garden.  I found with flowers I get rabbits.  They love to eat them.  The final straw was when they ate my last star gazer lily, along with my very last rose. (sigh).

Some of my wips aren't going to be finished, I'll repurpose the yarn to something else (ie a cardigan for my grandson thats been more than year, I think)

Been fortunate about critters not eating our flowers.  fingers crossed  Chickens haven't been as fortunate.  Maybe, a big container that they can't get into?  🙂

Still need to block the doily, thinking it'll be a Mother's day gift.  Hope everybody has a nice Sunday.

Mary Jo: I have 2 small baskets of yarn next to my chair but not any WIPs in them. They're all hiding in the cabinets in my office! They keep peeping out yelling "Help me"! LOL.

Diana: I'm so sorry you have SI pain. Been there, done that years ago after a major car accident. I've been blessed with not many problems with it in the last few years. Maybe it's all the fat around me cushioning it! 🤣 I've just about given up on the pillow. I tried a few rows last night and gave up on my rendition. I restarted with 7 rounds of the original pattern, but my heart is not in it. Maybe if I tried a few potholders, then go back.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 9:02 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Still not blocked, but you can see all the daffodils. 

31B3C69D-64AC-4F03-B4E1-71CCFF9B9AC9.jpeg

I look forward to seeing the top when completed. I'm wanting to make one for my GD, but I'm not sure she would wear it.

2 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Still not sure if I'll like it...lol  2 more rows or more before I can join and start the body.  The lacy texture requires a tank or something underneath.   Thinking about starting my jacket today.

Spaghetti strap tank tops are perfect for this kind of top. My hooks are quiet right now. I've been looking at some beading bracelet patterns I've had stashed for awhile. Who knows. 🙂

• Like 1

I made it to the arm join but the directions (math formula) aren't working as indicated.  if the size is right I might fudge through it it or fix it after a break.  Started the summer jacket/cardigan moving right along.

Reni, how's your rash?

Edited by NCcountrygal
add question

On 4/16/2022 at 8:31 PM, NCcountrygal said:

I made it to the arm join but the directions (math formula) aren't working as indicated.  if the size is right I might fudge through it it or fix it after a break.  Started the summer jacket/cardigan moving right along.

Reni, how's your rash?

Hi Diana- I missed this post on Saturday- sorry. The rash is almost gone. At least it's not uncomfortable anymore and just a few small spots.

OMGosh- frogging is one of my all time hates, especially after all the time that goes into a project. It has to be done sometimes though. The Daisy Summertime top is a cutie too. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

31 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Hi Diana- I missed this post on Saturday- sorry. The rash is almost gone. At least it's not uncomfortable anymore and just a few small spots.

OMGosh- frogging is one of my all time hates, especially after all the time that goes into a project. It has to be done sometimes though. The Daisy Summertime top is a cutie too. I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Glad that rash is improving.  

The yarn just wasn't right for that project so I just bought Alize yarn the project calls for and a 3.0 mm Etimo hook. (belated birthday gift to self) 🙂

IMG_0693.JPG

On 1/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, LittleBearsPorch said:

I’ve been working on some sunflower coasters. I want to do sets of 6 and make each one unique in the set. I gave one set to a friend for Christmas and she loves them! I’m to stock up for birthdays and other holidays 😁👍🏻

Followed a YouTube video to make, super easy:

9F7D5F5C-2B58-4A12-AA94-703B2EFF07EB.jpeg

AACA1E79-EBF1-4B86-B1ED-76EF2198EA40.jpeg

5F46D677-C454-49BA-9598-59C64DDD837A.jpeg

2E77B013-8168-4333-8FF1-A6AF17246774.jpeg

Trying to remember this one for DIL.  How big did they turn out?

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing on my hook right now. I'm still contemplating which blanket to make out of the Premier Serenity yarn.

• Like 1