2022 What's On Your Hook?

I've been working on a daffodil doily, started an oblong doily (on hold).  Going to make round placemats for kitchen and add a daisy or more.  (changing color theme from citrus(yellow, orange, green) to yellow and blue)

Just finished a nice floral square, I included a link in the Love thread in patterns.  May make a pillow with that one.  Photo colors was a quick trial run.

IMG_0631.JPG

• Like 3

I am still working on a 2021 project. I took a break from it for the holidays! I love the colors so I am gonna keep it 🙂👍

Colors: red heart spring green and mainstays green and gray

Pattern: Youtube Video called "How to Crochet the Ripple Stitch + FREE Crochet Blanket Pattern [MOCHA RIPPLE AFGHAN]" which was posted by TL Yarn Crafts

I switched up the number of rows I did for each color. I chose to alternate between 2 and 3 rows instead of doing the same every time. I feel like it gave it a quirky look. I plan to make it large enough to be used on a twin mattress, so I still have a ways to go! It's not laying completely flat, so the pictures make it look a little wonky anyway 😅

IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

• Like 4

Busy making another oven door towel dress.  On the side, another rib dishcloth.  Daffodil doily, several petals to finish.  Made another, Oval Picot Peaks Doily (photo above).  My goal: set of 4 placemats with a daisy coaster(applique added).

What's on Your Hooks?

• 2 weeks later...

I just started a baby blanket--he's due in about a month so it's time to get going. I've just put aside a sweater for my GD--need arm length measurements and another skein of yarn to finish it. I thought I had plenty, but not so. Sigh.

I joined ami along on Amigurumi.com and making birds. I've made a budgeriar and a hoopoe from the pattern and then I experimented and customized the pattern to make a blue tit and a woodpecker.

That made me to put my sweater away... for a while, I guess...

I’ve been working on some sunflower coasters. I want to do sets of 6 and make each one unique in the set. I gave one set to a friend for Christmas and she loves them! I’m to stock up for birthdays and other holidays 😁👍🏻

Followed a YouTube video to make, super easy:

9F7D5F5C-2B58-4A12-AA94-703B2EFF07EB.jpeg

AACA1E79-EBF1-4B86-B1ED-76EF2198EA40.jpeg

5F46D677-C454-49BA-9598-59C64DDD837A.jpeg

2E77B013-8168-4333-8FF1-A6AF17246774.jpeg

Edited by LittleBearsPorch
  • Like 2

I'm making an Owl pillow out of Red Heart-Stripe for one of my Grt-GD's. I'm making it a few inches larger than the pattern and putting "feather tufts" on each top corner. She's bonkers for owls so I figured she'd get a kick out of one so colorful.

• Like 1

Just started Ring Around the Roses table topper, in size 20 thread. Pattern is in Decorative Crochet magazine #70. One entry for this year's county fair. Then I'm on to a boy's christening outfit, again an entry for the fair. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 2:20 PM, ReniC said:

I'm making an Owl pillow out of Red Heart-Stripe for one of my Grt-GD's. I'm making it a few inches larger than the pattern and putting "feather tufts" on each top corner. She's bonkers for owls so I figured she'd get a kick out of one so colorful.

Reni that pillow is very cute :).

I have Owl pillow almost done. I put that away because I find out my daughters new dog is destroying her pillows. She sent me a picture of him doing that..:(.

My daughter was waiting for that Owl pillow, she loves Owls. I did told her:"There is no way that I am giving her that crochet Owl pillow for her dog to tear that up!!" :(. That dog is not a young puppy, he is about 6 years old. So there is probably no chance that dog will get ever smarter LOL. Do not get me wrong, I do love dogs and all animals but that dog is just plain stupid. I love him too. But I will NOT give him that Owl pillow!. Way too much work I put in to that.  to be destroyed in few minutes.

I am planning to finish that pillow and I think I will give that to my friend :)

Krys

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2022 at 3:44 PM, LittleBearsPorch said:

I am still working on a 2021 project. I took a break from it for the holidays! I love the colors so I am gonna keep it 🙂👍

Colors: red heart spring green and mainstays green and gray

Pattern: Youtube Video called "How to Crochet the Ripple Stitch + FREE Crochet Blanket Pattern [MOCHA RIPPLE AFGHAN]" which was posted by TL Yarn Crafts

I switched up the number of rows I did for each color. I chose to alternate between 2 and 3 rows instead of doing the same every time. I feel like it gave it a quirky look. I plan to make it large enough to be used on a twin mattress, so I still have a ways to go! It's not laying completely flat, so the pictures make it look a little wonky anyway 😅

IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5865.jpg

How's your afghan coming along?  Finished?

Life's been busy.  Up hill and down.  Finished the table mats, still want to make the coasters but no desire presently.  Several more dishcloths and pot holders.  Currently a dishcloth/washcloth with Peaches n Creme (pink lemonade)and will make a mathching towel next.

I hear you Diana about life keeping you busy.

I had to frog my afghan down to the sold background color.  I am now a couple rows past where I was when this happened.  

Here is a picture of when I was at the spot I was when I frogged.

Begals Afghan (1).JPG

Begals Afghan (2).JPG

Begals Afghan (3).JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

I hear you Diana about life keeping you busy.

I had to frog my afghan down to the sold background color.  I am now a couple rows past where I was when this happened.  

Here is a picture of when I was at the spot I was when I frogged.

Begals Afghan (1).JPG

Begals Afghan (2).JPG

Begals Afghan (3).JPG

That’s going to be a beauty!  Hoping-> Smooth sailing to the finish. 

I too am at a bump in the road with crocheting. I can't seem to get any ambition up. I do need to finish the owl pillow though.

Mary Jo: that is so frustrating having to frog something. I feel for you and hope the rest of the project goes smoothly. I look forward to seeing the finished blanket.

Edited by ReniC