2022 What's On Your Hook?

On 3/7/2022 at 9:21 PM, ReniC said:

I too am at a bump in the road with crocheting. I can't seem to get any ambition up. I do need to finish the owl pillow though.

Mary Jo: that is so frustrating having to frog something. I feel for you and hope the rest of the project goes smoothly. I look forward to seeing the finished blanket.

Starting the towel today.  I have a neighbor that I'll be giving the set to help give her something to smile about.  The colors are cheerful.

7 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Starting the towel today.  I have a neighbor that I'll be giving the set to help give her something to smile about.  The colors are cheerful.

Making someone smile is heartwarming. 😇

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Working on another seafarer cap, nearly finished.  Yesterday while looking at the cute diamond blankets I decided to make one in light yellow.  Just saw this adorable summer top that maybe dil might like.  Crochet Chevron Summer Top With Written Pattern - Sirin's Crochet (sirinscrochet.com)  Have a summer lace cardigan in my Etsy cart along with an adorable cable diamond stitch blanket by Sirin.  Oy, the plate runneth over.

16 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Working on another seafarer cap, nearly finished.  Yesterday while looking at the cute diamond blankets I decided to make one in light yellow.  Just saw this adorable summer top that maybe dil might like.  Crochet Chevron Summer Top With Written Pattern - Sirin's Crochet (sirinscrochet.com)  Have a summer lace cardigan in my Etsy cart along with an adorable cable diamond stitch blanket by Sirin.  Oy, the plate runneth over.

Oh I love that top. It looks great in that color.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:56 AM, NCcountrygal said:

Had to stop the diamond blanket.  I didn't realize that my other 2 skeins were a different shade.  Thinking on the color of the cardigan still.  Saw Comfy mist and now want something beside solid.  

I don't know if this helps but, I suggest going with your favorite color or something very neutral like an off white or even a light taupe.

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

I don't know if this helps but, I suggest going with your favorite color or something very neutral like an off white or even a light taupe.

I rummaged through all my yarn.  Considered trying the pattern with an acrylic yarn (not enough same color skeins to make a jacket- cardigan).  Found a package of Flikka by LB with 3 skeins.  DK yarn and made a gauge swatch.  Then looked online for more... discontinued yarn.  Available at a higher price at Etsy with high shipping cost. 

Ended up buying Coboo at JoAnn's.  Sale price, plus  3 skein packages available, cheaper than singles on sale.  I like wearing denim capris in the summer with assorted color shirts, so I opted for denim.  It's for casual wear and to cover up some added plumpness.  Went ahead and bought enough Truboo by LB (100% bamboo) to make a top from same shop as cardi.(she sent me a 15% discount).  Turquoise like color.  Summers are high humidity in NC and cotton soaks up the moisture.  Shopped Walmart via app and they didn't show any lemon yarn like I needed for the diamond blanket.  Did a DuckDuck search and suddenly Wallie had it.  Ordered 4 skeins.  Now I wait.  bwg  

I still need to finish my flower doily but just not motivated, yet.

The doily is looking very pretty and fitting with Spring. I just texted DD to help me scrounge out all my WIP's that have been tucked away for a while. She sent me back this: 😲 Maybe I can get them completed when I can crochet again before I start anything new.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReniC said:

The doily is looking very pretty and fitting with Spring. I just texted DD to help me scrounge out all my WIP's that have been tucked away for a while. She sent me back this: 😲 Maybe I can get them completed when I can crochet again before I start anything new.

I'm trying to straighten out yarn and projects.  My lemon yarn arrived today.   I finished the row I was on (attached the new skein) to the diamond blanket.  I'm enjoying that project.  Relaxing.  The Trubloo from JoAnn's is scheduled to arrive before the Coboo.  So I may start a top before the summer cardigan.  I hadn't bought the top I was going to use the Trubloo and went back to look at the Chevron Summer top (several posts up, pretty pink gradient).  Will try that pattern and see how the yarn works with that.

Carrot seeds planted.  (Large container)  Lettuce and Swiss chard next but in the garden plot.

I started on the Sirin chevron summer top.  Tween written and video I made it to row 4 but the ending of each row was getting worse.  Having to just ignore sts left.  So frogged it all and went to her video on youtube to read comments.  The written pattern of 14 st repeat was wrong when beginning this pattern.  So, I discovered multiples of 13x 14=182 for the large. (14 ripples)  She looks pretty slender so I'm going to increase to 16 ripples.  

6 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

I started on the Sirin chevron summer top.  Tween written and video I made it to row 4 but the ending of each row was getting worse.  Having to just ignore sts left.  So frogged it all and went to her video on youtube to read comments.  The written pattern of 14 st repeat was wrong when beginning this pattern.  So, I discovered multiples of 13x 14=182 for the large. (14 ripples)  She looks pretty slender so I'm going to increase to 16 ripples.  

Sorry there was frogging involved! I'm sure you'll get it figured out though.

Much happier!  On row 2 and moving along smoothly.  The sizing is still a guess.  I ended up adding 6 addl ripples.  Rather it be loose than snug.  Made 2 moss stitch dishcloths in the pink lemonade yarn so far.  

Did you find any projects you want to finish?  Did the owl get done?

18 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Much happier!  On row 2 and moving along smoothly.  The sizing is still a guess.  I ended up adding 6 addl ripples.  Rather it be loose than snug.  Made 2 moss stitch dishcloths in the pink lemonade yarn so far.  

Did you find any projects you want to finish?  Did the owl get done?

I found 6 WIPs (4 blankets and 2 doilies) plus the Owl pillow is almost done. I'm still waiting for what's left of the rash on my forearms to disappear. Maybe in a couple of days- I hope. I love the idea of making bright colored potholders and dishcloths. I'm wondering now if the local yarn shop has any bright cottons. Oops! See- There I go again. I better hold off and just add this to my crochet bucket list. I need to work on WIPs and use up yarn I already have. LOL!

• Haha 1