2022 What's On Your Hook?

21 hours ago, ReniC said:

Thanks!

I got 7 rows added to the blanket last night listening to Christian podcasts and some beautiful music. You're a motivator.

Uplifting music can be a great motivator. 🙂

7 rows that's really good.  I made some small pumpkins for dils school desk.  Worked a bit on her wall hanging, but it's not what I was hoping for.  The color changes are annoying me.  7or so colors on a row.  Already decided I don't like the sunflower (that's irritated me the most) and plan on covering with a sunflower applique ...

🌞🌻🍂

5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Uplifting music can be a great motivator. 🙂

7 rows that's really good.  I made some small pumpkins for dils school desk.  Worked a bit on her wall hanging, but it's not what I was hoping for.  The color changes are annoying me.  7or so colors on a row.  Already decided I don't like the sunflower (that's irritated me the most) and plan on covering with a sunflower applique ...

🌞🌻🍂

I made a bunch of pumpkins last year and gave them all to my 2 DD's. I don't dare start something else util this blanket is completed. Not even small projects. I get distracted too easily anymore.

NCcountrygal, love those colors up there! But I see your point about the color changes. 

Someone donated a ton of this unique variegated yarn to my grandmother that she’s made a few charity shawls out of it, but she gave me two skeins - must be tired of it 😅 - and I’m using it on cat mat donations. It’s not a bad color, I think it will give off distinguished cat vibes 🥸🐈

DD14F162-8F2A-40CA-ACB7-D331C23334E2.jpeg

16 hours ago, ReniC said:

I made a bunch of pumpkins last year and gave them all to my 2 DD's. I don't dare start something else util this blanket is completed. Not even small projects. I get distracted too easily anymore.

I understand.  That's why I like window shopping.  It's fun to browse and look, but not necessarily make it.  Or ideas for future projects.

I set my tapestry wall hanging project aside.  Instead, I'm making a wall/door hanging along the line of wreath, garden flag using appliques.  

15 hours ago, LittleBearsPorch said:

NCcountrygal, love those colors up there! But I see your point about the color changes. 

Someone donated a ton of this unique variegated yarn to my grandmother that she’s made a few charity shawls out of it, but she gave me two skeins - must be tired of it 😅 - and I’m using it on cat mat donations. It’s not a bad color, I think it will give off distinguished cat vibes 🥸🐈

DD14F162-8F2A-40CA-ACB7-D331C23334E2.jpeg

Oooh, I like the colors in that skein.  It looks familiar.  Pretty in any project.  Lucky cats.

• Like 1

Nearly finished the wall-door decor hanging.  Dh brought me a rod.  So, when she picks up the little stinker she can take it home.

Doing a first time ever re-season of my cast iron skillet.  Sure stinks the house up.  I'll never turn my back on anything cooking in cast iron again!  Dh had to take it out and chisel the burnt mess out.

3 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Nearly finished the wall-door decor hanging.  Dh brought me a rod.  So, when she picks up the little stinker she can take it home.

Doing a first time ever re-season of my cast iron skillet.  Sure stinks the house up.  I'll never turn my back on anything cooking in cast iron again!  Dh had to take it out and chisel the burnt mess out.

The wall hanging is so lovely. Oh wow! Your skillet really must have taken a beating. I can't use cast iron skillets because I have a glass top stove. And I sure do miss what they can do for some foods, especially cornbread or fried okra! It's just not the same in a baking pan. Sigh. I broke down and bought a good non-stick set of pots/pans and I'm still on the fence about those. GD loves them since she does most of the cooking now.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, very happy with that project and dil as well.  Going to work on c2c scrapghan some today.

You can cook with cast-iron on glass top stove, I do and the Lodge and Lancaster manufacturers say it's ok, too.  Lift don't slide the cookware.  For everyday, I love nonstick, lighter cookware. My current set is Tramontina and a blue diamond xl skillet-wok.  Have a wonderful day, Reni.  🙂

• Like 1

Well, aren't those pretty! Repeat Crafter Me always has some great patterns on her site.

It's been a while since I made anything in Tunisian Crochet so I'm digging through my books for some stitch patterns for the pink slippers I mentioned in a post in (almost at the bottom of page 106)  Granny Squares and Chatty Friends. I'm just going to experiment with the first pair. If it goes well, I'll make 3 pairs for my Grt-Grands for Christmas and a small project for a diversion working on the blanket.

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Adorable slippers.  Simple small projects are great.

You might be interested:

free
https://knitterknotter.com/tunisian-slippers-from-a-rectangle-free-crochet-pattern/

Similar crochet slipper-etsy store
bulky yarn
https://www.etsy.com/listing/985931384/reggie-easy-crochet-slipper-pattern

Thank you for the links. I saw knitter-knotter's pattern yesterday and bookmarked it. Maybe I can figure out how to eliminate the gathering at the toe with some decreases. 

19 hours ago, ReniC said:

Thank you for the links. I saw knitter-knotter's pattern yesterday and bookmarked it. Maybe I can figure out how to eliminate the gathering at the toe with some decreases. 

Have fun tweeking it into something more to your liking.

I've been trying out assorted color combos with the dishcloths and last night made the pumpkin, one row larger.  (so irritating that the photos are loading sideways again)

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

Edited by NCcountrygal
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm halfway through the 4th side for the potholder set then I'll just need to stitch them together and add the borders. That will probably get done this evening. I also have all the "ingredients" (LOL) to make the 4 ChapStick cozy's. Even the scrap yarn picked out. In between I hope to get that blanket finished.

• Like 1