afghans for Pine Ridge

katyallen815

hi all, for a while now i have been collecting squares from donors on another forum, then seaming them together to make a whole ghan and then post it out to Pine Ridge.  here are a couple i completed, for July mailing  I try to do 2 a month, we will see if that works out lol  again, all i do is put them together, its really the donors of the squares, and fine people in our group, and others  that make it shine, and possible so thanks goes to all of them   it takes a team, to achieve tDSC00381.thumb.JPG.886ff5ee3c8a05a54d4417191432f169.JPGDSC00382.thumb.JPG.a698e1355579069abbf4e225f197919d.JPGhe dream.  thanks team!!

• Like 5

Great job Katy!  Pam would be proud.

A little background another lady started the group but passed away.  Katy stepped up and was able to get volunteer seamers to help divide out the work load.  The group is working together doing an incredible job from those that make and send squares to the seamers.  Great example of what working together can accomplish.

Anybody can say what they want, but when it comes to knitters, crocheters, quilters and other craft people, when asked we volunteer.

Beautiful afghans Katy.  I know they will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Katy- these are great! I love that granny square blanket. Someone's going to be so happy to receive these.

thanks Bgs, it has been a labor of love, throughtout for all that participate.  i started saying ill seam one hahaha that was a long time and many ghans afo lol  from the square makers to the seamers to our cheerleaders, and beyond , , take a bow!! It takes a team, to acheive the dream!! we are well on our way !!

ok newest one, all double stranded 3 ply yarns, thick, warm, and rather hard on my wrists lol  I bent  2 bent tip needles and not at the tip either  but in the middle of he needles putting this one together, but well worth the needles, and the labor if this ghan warms some ones heart, body and soul  right!!t thanks all  all,   you all inspire me, what else would turn this "hates sewing" girl into a seaming monster!!!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

hi folks more eye candy lol  ..........

Very pretty. And love the colors.

• 5 weeks later...

handy was almost not tall enough for this one lol  all these ghans posted are made from people in our group donatin gthe squares they make to our seamers of which 9i am 1 ) so thsnks to all whose work is in them i just put them together!!  thank you mona too.   

• 4 weeks later...