I'm Packing Up All my Yarn :(

I'm trying not to let it get to me, but.....:cry It's going to be a big move. I will have to put it all in the car with me, and the kids, and all my other valuables... :lol

Sorry,I just feel like I'm losing it here.... Thanks for letting me vent. :lol

Tina

i'm sorry you're sad. where you moving to? remember, if you don't have enough room for the yarn and the kids, that kids are resiliant and can find another place to live if you leave them behind.:lol hey, you gotta have priorities.:hook good luck, and feel free to vent all you want.

:rofl I would feel bad if I left my kids, though... :lol

Oh that was too funny... We are moving to Colorado. My husband lived there for a long time when he was growing up, and we both love it there. It's just.. moving... again... Thank goodness the kids are really 'resiliant', like you said. :lol I hope they adjust as well out there as they did here.

Tina

Colorado is really beautiful country. Haven't lived there, but lived in southern WY and traveled the state! Remember "one day at a time"....

Can I come to Colorado tooo... I love it out west (I am from PA) I esp. love Wyoming. My husband and I are young yet and when our parents pass on we plan to move out west!!!:cheer Cheer up sweetie at least you can take yarn with you!!!

Thank you everyone. I was just sad that I had to pack up my yarn, I'm not sad about the move!! We have been planning on moving there for about six years now. It's finally happening now...

I can't wait to crochet in Colorado! On top of a mountain. :c9

Tina

Wow, that sounds like a beautiful place to crochet. Just remember to stop the car every few hours and pet the yarn. Oh, let the kids out to run around and go to the bathroom, too. I guess you may have to feed them once in a while. Gee...send the kids UPS and drive with the yarn...much easier and you can listen to the kind of music YOU like best.

Fortunately I only have one teenager, and it's a boy.. And he likes the same kind of music I do, so that won't be a problem! :lol Too bad he's not old enough to drive! I could have him drive, and pet my yarn the whole way there. :D (Or crochet the whole way...) I will have to drive one vehicle, though, while my husband drives the other. We will be making plenty of stops, with three kids and a dog!! (And my small bladder!) :blush

We're going to be in the Colorado Springs area. Is Wyoming by Colorado? I guess I'll have to learn what's by our new home... I've lived in Michigan all my life.

I should definitely get your swap package, Joanne! It's not for another two weeks that we will be moving. :hug

Tina

Hey! I'm glad to see you are feeling better!:D

Funny... I was looking at Real Estate on-line in Colorado Springs this morning. Looks gorgeous. My company has a lot of people out there...:cheer

Maybe you could take one small ball of something really nice and keep it in your purse for a stitch here and a stitch there while you are on the road... :hook

Hey! I'm glad to see you are feeling better!:D

Funny... I was looking at Real Estate on-line in Colorado Springs this morning. Looks gorgeous. My company has a lot of people out there...:cheer

Maybe you could take one small ball of something really nice and keep it in your purse for a stitch here and a stitch there while you are on the road... :hook

I was just going to subjest that you keep one ball right by your driving hand and every time you thought about the rest of it being all packed up, you could just reach down and pet the ball by you as you drive. It would help you to not feel so sad about the rest. :lol

Ana

I lived in the Springs for a few years a while back. BEAUTIFUL. Sorry no way you could get me to move back there in November though. :flake Good thing about the climate is it could be 80 one day, a foot of snow the next, and then on the third day 80 again.:wbrr I lived on the south east side by Peterson Air Force Base. Hope you can get used to the sound of fighter jets doing fly overs every hour or so. Good luck with the move. The kids will adjust well, people are pretty friendly there. Tonya

Thank you for the info Tonya! (My sisters' name is Tonya, too.) ;) That's what kind of things my husband keeps saying: "It could be 80 one day, foot of snow the next, but 80 again the next..." He also says if it's too cold for you in the Springs you can go down to Salida and it will be warmer. We are actually going to be in Manitou Springs, so that is a little farther up. Our kids will be going to the same schools their dad went to. (I don't know if that's a good thing or not... :think) :lol The two times we went out there for vacation, everyone was really friendly.

Tina

I lived in the Springs for a few years a while back. BEAUTIFUL. Sorry no way you could get me to move back there in November though. :flake Good thing about the climate is it could be 80 one day, a foot of snow the next, and then on the third day 80 again.:wbrr I lived on the south east side by Peterson Air Force Base. Hope you can get used to the sound of fighter jets doing fly overs every hour or so. Good luck with the move. The kids will adjust well, people are pretty friendly there. Tonya

I live out west in Utah BEAUTIFUL STATE

Colorado is a BEAUTIFUL state too

Ooooo...hubby and I dream of moving to Utah some day. He went to School in Logan and we have a lot of friends scattered all over the place there.

Lucky you! What part of the state?

:hook

Hey cat_haven, that's not much different than Iowa. :P Although at the moment, we have it pretty good for Nov 9th.

Mom w/motif, it'll work out great, you'll settle in fine, so will your son and yarn stash.

You can send your yarn to my house in California and I will hold it for you. What you don't believe I will give it back?! hmmm you may be right!! lol :lol Have a great move and the sad part is packing and unpacking at least for me. It is too time consuming and fiber arts always get put on hold for far too long. Then being obsessive I have to put everything away before I can sit again...Good luck in Colorado tho. :hug Jody

LibiLou

What part of utah or you in I think we are the only 2 from utah on this board

Im in southwestern utah, 15 miles from Zion national Park

It is south of Logan I was born and raised here.

Lucky You! We looked at property in Springdale, Rockville and Virgin but the prices were shooting up faster than we could keep up with. Beautiful country. We visit there at least 2 or 3 times a year. It's a good meet up place for our Salt Lake friends:hook

Archived