Flip Flop Hotpad

bgs

2 hours ago, Granny Square said:

That is hilarious, and practical at the same time!  :lol    I'm wearing flip flops right now as a matter of fact.  (It's 94°F outside right now, thank goodness for air conditioning)

You should make it a set with a few of these https://thecrochetdude.com/free-pattern-glass-flip-flops/

That pattern is on the never ending to do list! 

It was funny when my sister told me my niece was wondering if I could make her a flip flop hotpad.  Sometimes I have to improvise in order to meet their requests but this time I just grinned and said I actually already had a pattern.  

3 hours ago, Granny Square said:

That is hilarious, and practical at the same time!  :lol    I'm wearing flip flops right now as a matter of fact.  (It's 94°F outside right now, thank goodness for air conditioning)

You should make it a set with a few of these https://thecrochetdude.com/free-pattern-glass-flip-flops/

Yes, that would go together! :)

Krys

1 hour ago, USpolishgirl said:

Brenda that is so cute, you did a great job on that "Flip-Flop"! :)

Your niece have unusual ideas...

Krys

She likes flip flop things and has some flip flop kitchen towels.  I was anticipating the request.  She loves that neon orange and green.  

• Like 1

Great look! I love the idea.  One of my grand-daughter's mouth fell open when I told her in the 60's they were called "thongs", not flip-flops. LOL

12 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Great look! I love the idea.  One of my grand-daughter's mouth fell open when I told her in the 60's they were called "thongs", not flip-flops. LOL

Funny how words change thru the years.

When I was little we called them by their Japanese name, zoris (US west coast and Hawaii growing up).  Apparently US servicemen brought them back from Japan after WWII.  Hearing them called flip flops came quite a bit later.  

22 hours ago, Granny Square said:

When I was little we called them by their Japanese name, zoris (US west coast and Hawaii growing up).  Apparently US servicemen brought them back from Japan after WWII.  Hearing them called flip flops came quite a bit later.  

Did you also wear Tabi's? We did (Calif Bay Area) as a teen fashion statement. They sure did wear out fast though! LOL

tabi.jpg

Interesting!  I lived in the SF Bay Area from high school up until a few years ago, and never saw them worn there or in Hawaii, only in movies.  And in Hawaii, regular socks pretty much only for school; a lot of kids (not me, tenderfoot) would take their 'school shoes' (and socks) off the minute they stepped off campus and walk home barefoot.