Hi, I'm Shani

smskutt

Hello, my name is Shani.  I thought I had already signed up for these forums, but couldn't find any evidence of a prior user name, so here we are.  

I am a wife and mother to two newly-adult sons.  My husband and I recently purchased a new-to-us motorhome van and are enjoying it tremendously.  Our constant companion is our 11-year-old Australian Blue Heeler, Stolli.  I have more creative interests than time and hope that our next move (because there's always a next move with us) will see us downsize so that more time can be spent on my interests instead of on maintaining a home.  I look forward to getting acquainted with everyone.  :)

Thanks, Brenda!  I love sharing photos and projects and seeing others', so it looks as though I've found a good fit in C'ville.  :)  I would love to join the chatter... once I find the CAL's.  lol  Off to look for them now, and figure out what The Wish List is all about.

Yes we refer to this place as c'ville or the 'ville.

In order to sign up on the wishlist you have to be a member for 30 days and have over 30 posts.  Terri explains in the first post of this thread.

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/161063-2019-wish-list/

After wishes are posted members look over the list and see if they want to grant any of the wishes.  You do not have to have a wishlist to grant a wish (or be what we call a fairy godmother, fgm for short.  You contact Terri/Lady/Sorce for mailing info and let her know what wish you are granting especially in the case of patterns or items you wouldnt want duplicates of so she can stop other fgms from possibly duplicating them.  Also if you dont have a wishlist you need to give Terri your mailing info before she will give out someone else's mailing info.  This is a good faith measure to insure that someone isnt requesting member addresses for the wrong reason.  When you have a wish granted you post a thank you to your fgm and do not list their name or screen name.  

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/161064-thank-you-fgm/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-2759720

• Like 1

Well... thanks to this group I have started crocheting again. I broke my had a while back and I've never gotten back into things. Bad on me! I had FIVE rows left on a sleeve. Today I'll start putting the front and back pieces together!!

Thanks, Tampa Doll.  I feel so welcome already.  :) 

kjgillis, I hope your hand has healed back to normal, and that's great that you're returning to your crochet and project! :) 

Thanks, alp1.  We're headed out your way next month.  :)  And I'm very glad to be here.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Shani, welcome to Crochetville! :welcome  Sounds like you are at a fascinating time in your life! I have a son in middle school. We have a dog too, a 5-year-old rescued brindle Pit/Lab mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Donna, and thanks for the welcome.  This is a good time in life, but I've always felt that way whatever chapter I've been in.  Yours sounds like a busy chapter!  :)  I'll bet your dog is a total sweetie!  We had a pit bull once and she was the most loving dog to us.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...