Is Crocheting just a winter hobby?

catwoman

Question

Hi.:)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I was wondering if you guys think that crocheting is just for the winter months?:cry
or could a person make crocheted  things in the summer months and wear them or could a person crochet some stuff with thinner yarn in the summer time? :(

7 answers to this question

I also crochet year round. Since I only crochet in air conditioning in the summer, it doesn't matter what I make when. This year I am making 3 twin size afghans for my 3 grandkids for Christmas. No way I would get them done, if I didn't work on them over the summer. 

I've made summer wearables using 2-ply cotton. My favorite is Cotton Fair by Premier. 

I do usually crochet more in cooler weather.  But I still crochet some in the summer.  Definitely possible to use thinner yarn for warm weather garments, even crochet thread.  I seem to get hot easily so I like to make things for myself with cotton , linen., or other natural fibers; to me, acrylic doesn't breathe enough.  One big factor in choosing yarn is the kind of washing and drying it requires.  

I too crochet all year. In the house, in the vehicles, on the patio, anywhere! I do tend to make smaller items in the summer since it gets so hot here, but, have been known to work on afghans and throws during summer as long as it's cool enough in the house. I could not bare to not be able to crochet. It's now my first love of all my arts and crafts.

Living here in Florida in the summer, I switch to thread in the heat and humidity.  I also crochet in the AC, but it can still get hot here, even in ac.

Then when the humidity takes a hike, I go back to  yarn.

The only thing I crochet that is 4 ply cotton I use all year long.

I crochet every day all year round!  If it gets too warm,I just make small items.  Heaven knows, there are millions of patterns out there for "smalls"!!

Archived