The one shoe I made...

TtJoy

Okay, this is going to be a wordy post... 

I've only made 1 shoe so far. But it's just TOO hard and frustrating I need to brag and get some support to gather the courage to start the second one.

The reason of this project was... because I have HUGE baby feet...  :(

By huge, they're sized 40-42 depends on the model of the shoe while average Chinese women around my height have shoe sizes from 36-38. And by baby, they're super meaty and fragile. Shopping for shoes is really hard, and a lot of the shoes here hate my pinkies.

I have this pair of shoes that I've almost never worn for years, and the only 2 times I did both gave me bleeding pinkies. But they have really comfortable soles. So I decided to transform them into crocheted yarn shoes that can actually wear outside of the house!

But it turned out to be really hard, there are several times I almost gave up.

Anyways, here's the shoe, do you think it's good enough to wear outside? Because I don't know... it looked kinda rough...

post-78178-0-26178800-1472380121_thumb.jpg

post-78178-0-79025800-1472380126_thumb.jpg

How very clever you are.  With the soles having come from a "street worthy" pair of shoes, I think these crocheted shoes would work.  Definitely finish the pair and give them a trial run.  They look very comfortable and dainty.

Barbara

The shoe is lovely. The only problem you may have is if the stitches used to join the sole touch the ground, they will wear out fast. Otherwise, I really think you should go for the second shoe.

Thank you all! Now I've gathered all the strength I need!

@Renic, I've thought about that too, so I poked the holes towards the side instead of the bottom. That's why it was so hard and came out kinda ugly :S

• 1 month later...

Archived