My most delicate Gütermann sewing thread doily

Here is my most delicate Gütermann sewing thread doily with 53 rounds. The stitches used where only chs and dcs and ss to close the rounds. I needed very good sunlight on the beach as it was quite difficult to stitch into the dcs of the previos rounds. This pattern is not new to me, I have made a few doilies with thread size 20. This doily measures 22 cm (8,5 inch) in diameter.

post-71583-0-18757200-1465808090_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Thanks.  Proving quite difficult to find that issue and CM only grants 2 prior years access when you subscribe.  I might have to wait another 18 years for it to hit public domain.

Please google for: "veronika rohrhofer doilies" and you will find photos of the "pink whirlpool cerntrepiece". At home in Vienna (will be back on May 1st, 2017) I have the #55 Crochet Monthly issue and also the German version of it "Die Masche" and on top of this I have a pdf-file of this pattern. It would be illegal pattern sharing, if I distribute this pdf-file. I am on Facebook and you could message me! Here in Australia I have two sewing thread doilies with the "pink whirlpool cerntrepiece" pattern on me and also my version of it where I go wide instead of following the swirl pattern! I can make close up photos if you wish but I don't want to post them again in Crochetville.

• 3 weeks later...

Please google for: "veronika rohrhofer doilies" and you will find photos of the "pink whirlpool cerntrepiece". At home in Vienna (will be back on May 1st, 2017) I have the #55 Crochet Monthly issue and also the German version of it "Die Masche" and on top of this I have a pdf-file of this pattern. It would be illegal pattern sharing, if I distribute this pdf-file. I am on Facebook and you could message me! Here in Australia I have two sewing thread doilies with the "pink whirlpool cerntrepiece" pattern on me and also my version of it where I go wide instead of following the swirl pattern! I can make close up photos if you wish but I don't want to post them again in Crochetville.

Thanks Veronika!  After much creative googling, I did finally find what I think is the pattern at a Russian site in Magic Crochet magazine.  It was listed as Social Swirl.  I am not certain which issue it is, but it was available online.  I am in the process of making it.

Hope your visit to Australia is going well.

Archived