Keychain Chapstick Holder

Jayashiangel

I plan to make a few of these to have on hand for quick for last minute gifts hiding in my finished crochet project bin....I will make my niece a few as well since I gifted her some chapstick on Xmas...

P.S--Awesome way to use up scraps...

post-35509-0-91267300-1453025405_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-68741000-1453025414_thumb.jpg

Great looking! I made some a few years ago, but, not as pretty as yours with the buttons and I think your clip style is handier too. Only diff is I made them from size 3 thread. Way too go! You just gave me an idea for tubes of Carmex.  :D 

Thanks everyone......Yeah Reni-- I planned after I did my first one to make some w/ the size 3 yarn or even embroidery however I realized that if I wanted a key chain or a button that I needed heavier yarn like washcloth cotton or even plain acrylic scrap yarn to hold the weight etc..So mine was leftover Bernat Cotton....Worked perfect I use the same w/ my Keychain Cell Phone cover....

About 4 years ago, I started making these (albeit, a different pattern made with thread) for my booth in crafts shows, and have sold more than 200 of them since!  They're the most popular item on my table!

About 4 years ago, I started making these (albeit, a different pattern made with thread) for my booth in crafts shows, and have sold more than 200 of them since!  They're the most popular item on my table!

Could you attach a picture I would love to see what yours looks like ???? Does the key chain hold up well??? and not break the tread? What kind of thread are you using????? Thank for sharing your story about selling well...:O) 

If it's any help, this is the pattern on Ravelry that I used before.

I've also added pink ribbons to the key chains and sold to raise money for Susan G. Komen donations in the past. Very popular.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived